Hackberry Springs Loop

Hackberry Springs Loop is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Youngberg, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Just did a solo overnight and loved it! Be very cautious of rattle snakes, I nearly stepped on one traveling through the brush.

Do not attempt without map or this app. Beautiful. I would rate moderate for 70+ crowd. Will do again

Absolutely beautiful!!!

This review is about a specific side trail, off this loop (see photos in my profile), to an abandoned mine. As it is almost impossible to find and barely a trail going there, I'm providing the approximate GPS coordinates (per google maps). The tunnel is about 100-200 feet long.

33.498281, -111.433312

This is not for beginners!!! Do not attempt this if you are not familiar with the area. Hike at your own risk.

great Sunday hike

the springs area is stunning!

Good hike to get your heart pumpimg and legs burning without pushing yourself too hard. Great for beginner looking for more of a challenge. We followed the trail counterclockwise, but once we reached the "canyon" area towards the end we sort of lost our way and crossed back across to the loop to near where we started because we started following the riverbed instead of the map. Oops! Would love to try again and complete it properly. I love the little area you pass through on this and the Garden Valley trail. It was a little busier than I'm used to because I've never visited the Sups on the weekend, but not too bad and everyone was super friendly.

The trail entrance to go counterclockwise is down the road from the parking lot, a few hundred feet and on the left. There are no signs to mark the trail and there are many forks along the way, so be careful to stay on track. But there are some beautiful sights to see and it is lots of fun for beginner/intermediate hikers like me. Great variety in scenery. Just what I was looking for!

Loved this hike! Agree with other reviewers, the trail is not marked well and we had to double back because the All Trails map showing the loop did not appear to match the printed trail map we viewed from passers by, so we wanted to make sure we didn’t get lost.

The trail is gorgeous and mentally stimulating with all of the boulders you have to navigate. There is a beautiful mossy green gorge as well with some much needed shade.

I would definitely do this trail again, loved it!

Beautiful walk. Really rocky. The road to the trail head is rough. 1st 1/4 mile easy and not much to look at. After that it gets interesting. A lot of the trail is creek bed with a lot of rock ( boulders). I didn’t find it to hard. There’s not a lot of elevation. It had rained a few days before I hiked it, so some pockets of pooled water. I agree with a former reviewer. This is not a well marked trail. I missed my turn off. In stead of a 3.5 I ended up doing 5 miles. If you are careful with you map you will do fine. I found it a easy to medium difficulty. If you can go with someone that has done it before, would be helpful. I really enjoyed this trail. I wouldn’t hesitate to do again. I wish I would’ve marked it on my map, but a little section (150-200 yards) Of down hill cliff has been badly groomed. Vegetation has been cleared from the edge of trail. Be careful and look for this. Stay to the far right. It’s a long fall. The trail is plenty wide there.

This trail needs more reviews!! What a beautiful hike!!! Lots of desert and rock. The first leg of the trail was kinda meh near the ranch area but afterwards the cactus views were great!! This trail was rocky and sandy and boulderous. I would rate it easy tho! The empty washes were my favorite!! Mesquite trees and huge walls surrounding! Not sure it was part of the mapped trail here but wowza I loved hanging out back in the wash/cavern!! The trail DOES need better markers though as I got off trail at least 6-7 times. Added more distance to my overall hike coming in at 4 miles. Will return!! Road to trailhead was long and bumpy tho so just a heads up!

Saturday, February 18, 2017