Guindani Loop Trail

Guindani Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Benson, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I enjoy hiking this trail often. Moderate rating is good. Follow the trail counter clockwise gives nice views on the trip down. About 4.2 miles is accurate. Experienced hikers should reach the peak around 50 minutes. About 1 hr 20 minutes total.

Great trail. Headed counter-clockwise (followed the signs). Incline will get you blood pumping. Saw a couple snakes on the way up. A rattler off the path about half mile in and another large brown snake in the trail near the top. My wife almost stepped on it. Views on the way down were nice.

Wonderful views. Variety of ecosystems. Wildflowers are sporadic in early April. Wonderful Creek and Forest area. Go clockwise to hit the steeper part first on the way up.

Best trail we’ve hiked in this area. Has views and creek crossings. Just wonderful. Got here at 8 am and only saw two other hikers who n trail. 2 hr 45 min.

Very well marked trail with lots of rocks, so keep your eyes on your feet. I’m 67 and found this hike to be strenuous but super rewarding. We crossed the creek 10 times!! No wading, but rock hopping to get across and my hiking sticks came in very handy. Beautiful views when you go to the right at the beginning and the view at the top is breathtaking. I’m no speed demon and was somewhat affected by the elevation so it took us a bit over 3 hours with a stop for lunch.

Fun little trail with beautiful views!

Nice hike. Not to hard. Void combination of terrain.

Great trail! I took my two dogs, we walked the loop. Take other's suggestion, stay to the right... the best views. Lots of water running, requires water crossing a number of times to the top. Will be doing this one again... not much shade so I'll saver this one for cooler weather.

Very good hike with fairly gradual climbs. Trail is easy to follow.

I would rate this trail as moderate. This trail is in a park where you have to pay $7 to get in. However, the trail was very worth it. There were many inclines and before it starts going down hill there is a beautiful view. Highly recommend this!

Not an expert by any means but in warm weather I would rate it as Moderate due to considerable areas of loose rocks and the several stretches of up and down sections while one way up. The elevation of 895 is bit misleading when one does back down sections while going up. Very scenic.

a bit more difficult than foothills, but a good hike or run as it has an 800 foot rise. turn right at the loop beginnong for a better climbing workout.

Nice hike with beautiful views!

I would rate this trail as MODERATE. People with mobility issues may find some parts challenging. Lots of cows....

Friday, March 09, 2018

Great easy hike, beautiful canyons and vistas

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Beautiful trail. I took my dog and walked the whole trail. It is an easy trail but very little shade.We came across a Javalina but with the Boarder Collie stare down it ran away.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Went on this hike on 01/13/2018, on a beautiful sunny day, 70 degrees. Make sure you take a right at the sign before the trail begins. It is a little steep towards the top but the views are amazing.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

great trail. Stay on right side when entering trail for best views. Bring lots of water and a hiking stick.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

The trail is easy to follow. My dog and I completed the trail in 2 hours. The views from the top are nice.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2 hours. Right side more scenic. Not sure if theres a fee for trail day use. interesting rock formations.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

I would rate this as a moderate hike due to loose rocks on trail and some of the inclines.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

This was a fun hike, and a little challenging! Definitely worth it, I took my dog and he loved splashing around in the washes. I'd recommend it!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Guindani Loop Trail is 4.2 miles in length. This loop can be hiked by following the trail to the right at the fork that is ¼ mile from the parking lot. This takes you back into the canyon with multiple crossings of the wash until you start the steep climb up to the ridge. At the saddle the view is spectacular of the San Pedro Valley. Now the trail begins a long downhill hike back to the parking lot.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quick 2 mile hike right by Kartchner Caverns. Not a lot to see that is different to any other trail or view from the area but it is good to do to push the moisture out of the lungs after you do the cave tour.