Green Mountain Trail

Green Mountain Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Lemmon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Tucson: Drive up the Catalina Highway either to the General Hitchcock Campground trailhead or to the San Pedro Vista Point trailhead. Both are clearly marked.

The upper trail is one of the better trails in the Catalinas for panoramic scenery.

This is a fairly easy trail for a seasoned hiker. I did it with a 25 lb backpack for training and I'm 58 yrs old. I went from the low altitude end up to the maverick trail and took that 0.8 miles to Mt Guthrie which is by far the most scenic part of the trail and why I rated it a 4. Total hike was 6.2 miles. Look out for mountain bikers but not too many hikers on it and overall a very pleasant hike.

This trail totally kicked my ass but the views at the rock formation at the end were worth every step. I think it's closer to 8 miles out and back from the signed trailhead. The funny thing is apparently the end can be reached in about 1/4 mile from a nearby trailhead- or so I was told by someone surprised at how tired I looked. Well maintained and fairly easy to follow. Creek beds were dry today. I'll echo what others have said about GPS keeping me on track as many other trails intersect.

The views were amazing, some spots of the trail were very over grown and not enough signs to let you know your direction. There are a ton of trails that intersect with Green Mnt. trail so it made it confusing! Really the only reason I rated so low! IMO you definitely need the GPS from this app!

This trail is hard, my knees are most definitely feeling it. Yet I would do it again. The views are good and there's some areas where you can climb the rocks. The trail is easy to follow, I only had two slip ups and it was in the first mile where the stream is.

I never knew there was such a lush forest in Arizona but you have to drive up Mt.Lemmon to get there. The hike is fun but rugged but being a California native I was just happy to enjoy whatever Arizona have to offer!

This trail provides a steady journey of alpine exercise. Well maintained, easy access and fago

Monday, May 30, 2016

Dont know if there is a trail by this name in Ft McDowell, but there is on Mt Lemmon near Tucson. That Upper Green Mountain trail is easily acessable from Catalina Highway, and is a green, forested trail.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Probably my favorite hike I've done on Mt. Lemmon so far. Rewarding views with less fire damage than other hikes I've been on. Quiet and serene.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Beautiful views on this trail. Hiked this trail mid-September and the temperature was perfect. Started at mile marker 17.5 from Catalina Highway and hiked down to General Hitchcock campground. A lot of up and down, but beautiful views of the west and north valleys. We loved coming out at the campground - before that there are some beautiful rock formations and a nice little creek awaiting us. Keep on the lookout for baby horny toads - they are all over if you look for them carefully.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Nice trail. We went on a rainy day so it was nice and cool. Fairly steep in some spots. Saw a Coues Whitetail doe on the trail!

Monday, July 20, 2015

By far one of my favorite hikes! The views of the back of Mt. Lemmon was breathtaking. The trail is down hill and has parts that are clear for jogging down. I didn't go point to point and didn't complete the last mile, instead I went left at one of the last forks and ended in this beautiful green serene place. All in all I was out for two hours, and hiked round trip 4.5 miles.

Monday, May 18, 2015