Grand Canyon Rim Trail

easy 516 reviews

Grand Canyon Rim Trail is a 8.7 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.7 km Elevation Gain: 107 m Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

The trail is paved and lined with markers to show you how far you've traveled both in feet and years (an earth-time line if you will). Also has types of rocks formed around the time marked on the trail. Very fun for kids and educational too.

Forget about it! This is the best low impact trail in the USA. AWESOME

Amazing! Not a lot of people when we went. Parking was a mess but the shuttle service is great for getting back and forth. We managed to snag a great “seat” for the sunset, however we had to make a mad dash back to the shuttle since the temperature dropped quickly after the sunset. I cried about 3 times, it was just breathtaking.

Great trail! Can’t go wrong with any portion of it!

Good views. Too many people.

Randonnée facile et accessible pour tous. Offre de superbes vues en hauteur tout au long du chemin. La piste est en asphalte et c'était glacé à quelques endroits, mais bien cool à faire !

Great view. Lots of people.

Truly grand view!! Very easy trail and easy to find. However, it is VERY crowded (it's the Grand Canyon, what do you expect) and that was on a cold, off-season day.

icy

Trail. I went to mcdonalds today. Nglrn I kinda ordered a Big Mac. It was pretty good but it smelled like a fart. It might've been bc I farted on it but idk. I still ate it. Was kinda confused when the doc told me I had e coli. Like what even is that it has coal in it so I guess its someones name. I'm not gay tho I swear. I don't know who this "E. coli" guy is but he seems kinda chill doe. so back to mcdonalds. burbger wiz rly good.

Great views

icy

A very easy trail with gorgeous views of the canyon.

fee

recorded Grand Canyon Rim Trail

icy

Easy and relaxing hike. Lots of places to stop. Beautiful view.

Grand indeed. Spectacular views.

had fun with kids

Partially done. Very nice and easy to walk. Mostly paved

A nice easy and paved trail. Gorgeous views of the canyon and lots of opportunities to lookout at the canyon and catch a shuttle.

Great paved path with many amazing views of the canyon. This trail is great for anyone from little children to elderly or even those in wheelchairs.

What a wonderful day we spent hiking this trail. Awe inspiring seeing nature showing all it’s beauty. Great fun.

Great way to experience the Grand Canyon. It is fairly flat and good for all ages and levels; including handicapped. Some breathtaking views with areas that jut out over the canyon.

Great, easy hike, with of course, amazing views.

An easy, paved trail that affords some beautiful views along the rim of the canyon. This would be simple to do with a dog, or a fairly small child.