Goldwater Lakes Trail 396

Goldwater Lakes Trail 396 is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Prescott, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a heavily used biking trail, but it's also a fun hiking trail. You can also drive up to the lake, so be aware that it's not very secluded or private. That being said, there are lots of great benches for sitting and enjoying the great view of the lake shore. The trail system itself is well marked and maintained. You will see a variety of vegetation.

This is a heavily used biking trail, but it's also a fun hiking trail. We stopped at about 2 miles at the second lake since it was fenced off and returned to the first lake to walk all the way around. This totaled about 5.5 miles with a lot of ups and downs aka a good glute/hamstring workout. You can also drive up to the lake, so be aware that it's not very secluded or private. That being said, there are lots of great benches for sitting and enjoying the view. The trail itself was well marked and maintained. We saw a variety of vegetation and the leaves were just starting to change colors in some places. I can imagine it'd be beautiful in about a month when the colors of the leaves reflect off the lake.

Lot of opportunities to see wildlife and fish. Beautiful lake and great views once you get up a bit. Theres a really cool mini quarry

A beautiful day here!

Had a great, easy walk. Beautiful weather and beautiful scenery as usual. One of my favorite places.

We went on a friday after hiking groom's creek, about 2:30. There were many people there. There was rentals on Canoes and Kayaks available. 20 for canoes = 1 hour 15 for kayaks = 1 hour. we jut he stuck around the lake parameter. The water is a cool green color. Overall, I didn't think the lake was huge but it would be fun with a kayak. Lots of people were fishing but you could still find some spots around the lake.
There was also a wedding starting up in main ramada.
I probably will not go back simply because I like a little more isolation and quite.
$3 dollars to get in.

Great trail! Not as lightly trafficked as thought, but still worth it. Perfect amount of sun and shade.

Beautiful easy trail by a lake and through the pines of the forest!

walking around Goldwater Lake is lovely, but the trail on the lake stops at the dam. there is an alternate path (the one on this so depicts) that does pass by the other lake, but you can't get down to it. there were more bikers than hikers, but everyone was very friendly. Lovely day for a hike.

Loved this trail! Started at White Spar campground and only went as far as the waterfall, but great little hike. There's a lot of water right now (mid-March)- it crossed the trail in 2 spots and I fell in crossing on a rotted-out log, lol, but it was fine.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great trail, view of the dam briefly but we didn't split off to go down the path that looked like it may have taken us closer. Went in October leaves were changing, scared a snake while walking and almost stepped on it. With leaves on the ground watch your step!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Trail was nice but we didn't know that it didn't go all the way around the lake. We got to the other side and it ended and had to make our way all the way back. Also there were a lot of small flying bugs so when hiking it was hard to not breathe some in.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice short walk from trailhead to Goldwater Lake. it's a well marked trail.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

First hike for my kids. The older one was a trooper. The younger had a few complaints but overall A nice, leisurely walk through the woods.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Loved the variety,scenery and shade. However not very difficult given the fact that the elevation is very minimal. I will definitely go again

Friday, July 08, 2016

Great trail, great weather. It is too bad you can't swim in the lake to cool off.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great day hike!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

My buddy and I didn't get any luck fishing, but we sure enjoyed the scenery and the peacefulness of the area. Very relaxing place with many trails to hike. Looking forward to returning very soon for the trails! All and all very nice place to escape from reality!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Nice trail. Very scenic if you like ponderosa pines and it's super easy to follow.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

I would rate it easy, more of climb out than in. A lovely walk.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

A great hike that has streams and lakes along the way!