Gold Mine Trail

Gold Mine Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Tan Valley, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

cave

Great hike, took my 5 year old son and he handled it well. We were going to do the Dynamite Trail, but we ended up on this one. I'm glad we did this one instead.

This is a moderate hike. Some parts are very flat, then some parts are very steep. We hiked this in the afternoon and each brought three water bottles which we finished. Not very interesting though.

The first mile you are hugging and puffing! It's definitely a love/hate with the goldmine trail (via wagon wheel rd) we looped towards santan to dynamite trail to get back to the parking. It was awesome!

Good trail, but definitely hard for a beginner hiker.

I didn't really think it was difficult!

I would rate this trail as moderate not hard. I loved it! It was a good hike and the views are amazing!

It to me seemed more of a moderate trail, rather than a hard trail. I took my 5 year old, and he did great! A trail we will be doing again soon