Gold Mine Trail

Gold Mine Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Tan Valley, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Quick hike up to one of the peaks. Took about 40min. 360 views from the top. $6 fee for parking

2-7-2018 Hiked 7 Miles with my Son From Graves, GM, ML, ST, DM back on Gold Mine!! Epic Hike!

This trail starts out a little hard, but then levels out.The veiws are really amazing! This will be a regular for me!

1-22-2018 Beautiful scenery and a great workout! Intense Incline but tapers off then nice climb to the top!

Very difficult on a mountain bike. Have to hike up and walk most of it down

one of my favorites. Challenging but not to challenging. rewarding workout.

This hike is not hard. Should be moderate. If you hike with the ranger better keep up, because they don’t wait for you and do not stop at trail intersections. Not a whole lot of pretty scenery. But a good workout in a few areas.

Pretty good hike as long as you keep up the pace. The san tan park charges $6 for parking. Views are decent at the top. We parked at the san tan regional park, hiked up the trail to the top, hiked down to the miners graves, and back up to the top. If you continue, you can get to the wagon wheel parking lot. The back up side was steeper with loose gravel and sharp rocks. Good workout as long as you keep it fast paced.

The rain has washed out great big holes at the beginning of the trail. The fools gold makes the trail interesting. There's not a whole lot to look at when you get to the top. I did enjoy the Arizona memorial and the bubbly pond with the bees.

I started this hike from the entrance on Skyline Drive at 6am. Most of the hike was shaded. It was a steep incline with loose rocks. Great cardio workout. Keep an eye out for the miner's graves on the right side right after you pass the Goldmine/Dynamite signs.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

A good trail for the locals to get their cardio on however not a destination spot. Desert landscape and views were average at best. Loose rocky trail made it difficult to get solid footing both up and down. There were a couple good inclines that got the heart rate up which was a plus.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Disappointed with the terrain.
Pretty ugly and barren.
Many other place to hike that are prettier.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Anytime you're outdoors it's a good thing!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

$6 entrance fee. Nice workout up the hill but the view from the top is eh. That is the case with all the San Tan trails though. Don't dare try to explore beyond the designated trail, they'll come out and whistle/yell at you.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Great hike, took my 5 year old son and he handled it well. We were going to do the Dynamite Trail, but we ended up on this one. I'm glad we did this one instead.

Friday, March 24, 2017

This is a moderate hike. Some parts are very flat, then some parts are very steep. We hiked this in the afternoon and each brought three water bottles which we finished. Not very interesting though.

Friday, March 17, 2017

The first mile you are hugging and puffing! It's definitely a love/hate with the goldmine trail (via wagon wheel rd) we looped towards santan to dynamite trail to get back to the parking. It was awesome!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Good trail, but definitely hard for a beginner hiker.

Monday, March 06, 2017

I didn't really think it was difficult!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Sunday, February 12, 2017

I would rate this trail as moderate not hard. I loved it! It was a good hike and the views are amazing!

Monday, January 30, 2017

It to me seemed more of a moderate trail, rather than a hard trail. I took my 5 year old, and he did great! A trail we will be doing again soon

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hardest Hike so far... I guess we weren't prepared for the last moments prior to reaching the top?! ...a little too slippery ...a little too steep ... a little too scary... Perhaps, neXt time?! ✌️ Nonetheless, the view was beautiful and well worth it!

Monday, January 16, 2017

Great day, challenging with the skree but otherwise a fun hike. Not to busy with other hikers.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Awesome hike!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Nice short trail with steep sections near the top

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I rode this trail and found it quite fun going down on the north side was worth the ride up only thing was it was over to quick

Friday, November 25, 2016

Short, rocky, and steep. A nice little workout with pleasing views from the summit.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

This trail is fairly boring. especially for a geology student. nothing varies in what you can see.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The trail is OK. But there are so many more!! Excellent trail for rock hounds.