Gateway to Bell Pass

Gateway to Bell Pass is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near McDowell Mountain Ranch, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is an absolute gnar. Bell pass up on the bike is very difficult! Worth the views for sure. Don't do this trail without full suspension

Fabulous views and great trail. Pretty flat until the last 1/2 mile.

This a gorgeous trail and a bit grueling once you get to Bell Pass. I tracked 2700 elevation opposed to what all trails says. We made it a little bit less than a quarter mile from the top but turned around due to a rattler letting us know we were in her home.

I simply love this trail! I have taken the Gateway Loop a couple times before, to the saddle and back, but wanted to extend my hike a bit. I hiked on a very busy Sunday morning and passed by many other hikers. Once I branched off on the Bell Pass Trail, I was the only one out there. Lots of scenery and solitude. The climb up to Bell Pass at about 3,200 ft. elevation was steep with some switchbacks, it reminded me of "Two-Bit" in the Squaw Peak area. Once you get to the top, there are great views of East End, Thompson Peak and the other peaks, as well as Four Peaks. You can keep going from here, but this is where it turns into a day hike, so maybe next time. I love all the trails around here!