Gateway, Bell Pass, and Windgate Loop Trail

Gateway, Bell Pass, and Windgate Loop Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near DC Ranch, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1955 feet

Great hike. Did not record it since I hiked in from home. Hiked clockwise which made the climbs a little more gradual but there's definitely sections that get fairly steep going up to Windgate pass past gateway trail then coming back down Bell pass. Will do again when the valley air doesn't have as much dust hanging over town which took away from the views today.

Great hike. The views are beautiful. Depending on how early you get there, you will be shaded by the mountains-I got there at sunrise and I was in the shade for the first three miles, which made a significant difference in the level of enjoyment of the hike and the heat.

Spring wildflowers were in bloom on April1. Rare Columbines and red Ocotillo flowers were visible among poppies and lupines. East side of Wingate to Bell Pass trail has spectacular views.

Great views and vistas.

what an outstanding Trail. We drove in from Las Cruces New Mexico yesterday and I decided to hike to inspiration Peak. Once I got there I decided to push up to Wingate. and of course, once I got there decided I might as well just complete the entire Loop and get to Bell Peak and back from that side. Phenomenal!

An awesome hike to do when there is good cloud cover. Did it in about 3.5hours after a good rain and the greenery was awesome.

Friday, June 28, 2013