Garden Valley Loop Trail

Garden Valley Loop Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Youngberg, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike. The biggest challenge is staying on the trail, but using the alltrails app with the phone's GPS made that relatively easy.

We couldn’t find any markings for this trail and ended up on Black Mesa. My AllTrails App didn’t work after the 1st mile so we had no way of knowing where we were so after 2.2 miles we decided to turn back. I gave it an extra star because it is beautiful but I’d stick to 2nd Water or Hackberry if you aren’t really experienced in the area.

The trail is not marked well but mostly due to part of the trail being on private land. Stick with your All trails app, and utelize your map. Garden Valley trail ends and you are actually on Hackberry Mesa trail. That will lead you back to the overflow parking lot and you can easily walk back to the main lot. Even though the trail is a little confusing, it is so beautiful and worth the hassle. The ranger said they will be working on marking the trail better this coming year.

Fantastic trail! I would definitely rate it moderate, not easy. This is not an official park trail, so parts are a bit tough to follow. Just be sure to have your phone charged and GPS tracking in AllTrails. Enjoy!

Gorgeous views but poorly marked trail on the second half. We had to search around to try and find the trail a lot which took away from the beauty of the area. There are better hikes that are just as pretty that I’ll stick with.

Saturday, November 12, 2016