Foothills Loop Trail at Kartchner Caverns Trail

Foothills Loop Trail at Kartchner Caverns Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Benson, Arizona that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

We loved hiking in and out of the Guindani Wash just barely moving from the recent monsoon. Very muddy but really fun for those who are new to hiking.

Great hike! Trail is a little rocky.

This park is a 5 star because of the nature center and cave. The trail is very well marked and pretty easy. Saw a couple deer, heard quail and saw a wild pig. Great hike.

Definitely an easy difficulty. Take the free trail map in the welcome center if you want. I ran it at 10 am and I was the only soul around. It was 87 degrees so not too hot, I had a hat, sunglasses, and plenty of water and I was fine. View at the top is pretty decent, its just slightly more steep to get there. I definitely had my eyes peeled for snakes the whole time. Most of the trail was Rocky.

This was a nice dessert hike. The trail is fairly easy, but it was a bit warm and I think it was closer to moderate for the kids. There is an option to hike to a summit off the main loop, which I did by myself while others rested. I'd say that was moderate to difficult and not kid or dog friendly. Good hike overall. I could see doing it again if I was doing a caverns tour.

Pretty easy but scenic and enjoyable.

short trail but still a good workout

Thoroughly enjoyed this hike!! A great rock trail with some hill climbing and great vistas. Saw deer. Trekking poles were helpful. Wild flowers are just starting. Recommend.

Too rocky for my toddler. I carried her most of the way.

love the mountain top view

Nice Trail. Easier going clockwise I believe. Good views!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016