Florida Canyon to Mc Cleary Peak Trail

Florida Canyon to Mc Cleary Peak Trail is a 9.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sahuarita, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike but not a very popular trail since it's very overgrown is some areas, didn't make it all the way to the top as the trail was getting harder and harder to follow as it disappeared in some areas... but had great views and some running water.. lot a of wild flowers and birds!! I would most likely never hike this trail again, I rather do the other side to mount writghtson!!

Saturday, November 05, 2016

rough trial, not marked very well I thought. not groomed well, but the b views were very enjoyable.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

This trail is fairly difficult. We've used it to hunt in Florida canyon, and just to hike. There are some really nice spots to stop and sit on a rock overhang and observe the canyon below. Be careful here in Monsoon season and any time it might snow.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

We didn't hike the entire 14.8 miles. Actually, we didn't track it, but the uphill became a little too grueling after three hours, so we ate lunch and turned back before reaching Florida Saddle. Definitely plan to go back when I am in better shape.
Saw some beautiful vistas, wild cotton, a couple of deer and enjoyed the songs of several species of birds. There was quite a bit of poison ivy on the side of the trail -- not hard to avoid, but definitely be aware.