Flatlander Loop is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 22 feet Route Type: Loop

Please pick up after your pets. For more information visit: https://www.glendaleaz.com/parksandrecreation/thunderbirdpark.cfm

This trail is good if your starting out to loose weight etc.. the moderate looks in between moderate to advanced

Easy trail. Let our toddler walk most of it (until she got tired).

I would recommend if you are looking for an easy writer trail. Ground is flat and hard. Any level can do this.

Very short, quick hike with no elevation change. Good warm up for a longer hike on one of the other trails, or if you just want a nice relaxed walk away from the crowds.

Incredible amount of flowers, can’t wait to see them bloom! Super easy flat trail

Very short trail, very good for small kids with their bikes

As it rained this week. The flowers were blooming and the trail was quiet. Perfect for walking my small dog.

Super flat, easy, great for beginners or anyone who wants to practice walking/jogging

A nice loop for a casual stroll or a nice jog away from the more heavily-trafficked trails in the area.

I went for a two mile run. Good for this typical road-runner. Lots of deep ruts from horse shoes (must have come through when we had a few days of rain.) Had to be careful of my footing. I enjoyed the workout.

Basic, easy trail with not a lot of rocks and no incline. Perfect for me as I am just getting back into activities after being sedentary for years. Went early in the morning when it opened on a Saturday. This trail sits near a couple of other trails that share the same parking lot. Parking lot was almost full when I got there. People were waiting for our spot when we left. Most of the people were there for the other more moderate trails. Barely anyone on this flat trail.

Thu Apr 11 2019

Super easy, short walking trail. No hills or rough areas

Tue Mar 26 2019

it is a very easy trail, we rode it 5 times in about an hour and a half..

nice walk, Erodium Texanum is the native Filaree

Mon Mar 18 2019

Thu Jan 24 2019

This was an easy trail. Nice and flat and relatively smooth, it was good for people with bad joints like me. I wish it was a little longer or had a small section of incline. I would do it again for a quick walk.

Wed Dec 26 2018

While this is not an even ground due to some ruts, this is definitely an easy trail that I took my 68-year old Mom with bad knees on without a problem. It was nice to see the lava rocks and the area itself was pretty.

Mon Mar 05 2018

Good trail to warm up on or just take an easy stroll.

Tue Jan 30 2018

Nice and easy for a family walk.