New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Flatiron via Siphon Draw Trail

Flatiron via Siphon Draw Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and nature trips and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,726 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

fee

Note: The upper portion of the trail has several trail changes due to recent rock slides. Use caution. Park Entrance Fee: $7.00 Per Vehicle (1-4 Adults) $3.00 Individual/Bicycle Bring plenty of water with you as there is none on the trail. Wear sturdy shoes with grip. Blue and white markers help with navigating. Much of this trail is scramble/rock climbing, so it may not be the best trail for your dog. In recent years there have been several rock slides, and the upper part of the trail has been altered extensively. Please follow signs.

Absolutely breathtaking! I’d say this is rightfully rated “hard”. There is some steep climbing and the coming back down can be challenging. Don’t be afraid to get low and maybe slide down on your backside. We didn’t get to see any waterfalls but it was a beautiful rarity to see the area so lush and green from recent rains.

I've done a couple of easy hikes so I thought hiking this wouldn't be a problem. On the way up, I'd say it was pretty easy. You do have to rock climb for the last half, but nothing strenuous. However, the most difficult part for me was the way down. You're practically sliding and on your back.

Beautiful scenery and great views from higher elevations. We went in November and saw the waterfall. The trail was quite rocky after the rain.

Great trail! Pretty scenery and views the entire way up and down. Well worth the trip to the top!

One of the best hikes in AZ. An adventure but doable for those in shape. DO NOT BRING YOUNG CHILDREN OR DOGS. I've seen injuries happen to both groups on this trail. Be a responsible parent or pet owner and choose a different trail to do with them

fee

Great trail!!! Well worth the trip to the top! Must do for anyone that is willing to make it up there!

a must do for the avid hiker

Amazing views at the top. Heavily trafficked expected crowding at narrow and more difficult points of the trail. Plan to spend 4+ hours on this trail.

I am not an avid hiker. I do hike about once a month. This hike was challenging. Not extremely difficult, but gave you a good cardiovascular go. We were up and back in a little under 4 hours. Stopped at the top for about 20 minutes. Most of this hike was shaded. Hiked it in January. I wore a light long sleeved shirt for the majority of it. Took it off a few times in the sunny spots. The closer you get to the top the harder it gets. My legs were definitely feeling it. Not a hike for dogs IMO. The dogs that were on the trail were scared and their owners were having to pick them up and down the last half mile. If you want to get your legs burning and endurance up, hike this one! I'd do it again! Not a ton of traffic, but do be prepared to wait a little bit as it's a one way up and down. $10 entrance fee. Nice bathrooms at the trail head.

Hiked this trail 1/18/20. This is an awesome hike! One thing to note is the elevation. Even though it’s about 2.25 miles to the top, I would say about 75% of this hike involves bouldering/scrambling. Some people brought dogs on this hike, but in my opinion, the terrain is not very dog friendly. This hike will take about 4-5 hours even if you’re going at a fairly fast pace! We were about 45 minutes from the top, but we didn’t want to get caught in the dark because some parts of the trail were very slippery with loose dirt/rocks, so we turned around early. $10 to enter the parking lot. Definitely will come back some day! Cheers

$7.00 parking entrance fee. The parking lot was busy but we were able to find a spot right away around 11:00am this past Sunday. This took my partner and me 1 hour 50 minutes up and 1 and a half hours down. I drank 2L of water for the whole hike but drank before and after too. We haven't hiked much recently but do backpack and hike in the spring and summer months. We workout a few times a week. We heard others up top saying it took them over 3 hours. This hike was quite busy, so be prepared on a nice day to wait for others. The trail is marked in some places with blue/white markings on the rocks and some cairns. When you get to about a 10 foot wall, keep left. I would not take my dogs on this hike because of the rocks and bouldering. The pamphlet from the park says 2,000 feet elevation gain is over 1 mile, so there is some bouldering. There are good foot and hand holds on the trail. Some people had on gloves. We did fine without them. We saw a few dogs. The little dogs were being held and lifted on the steeper sections.

fee

Fantastic hike!! lots of people on the trail, but it was a Saturday

Great trail. Definitely a long, steep scramble, but with good hand and footholds. Prepare for the difficulty, but enjoy the beautiful views!

Really exceeded my expectations. I ran around 2/3 of the trail up before the trail turned into a bit of a climb. Additionally I went off trail a bit to free climb up to some cool caves. Really an amazing experience took me around 2 hours and 45 minutes with the extra climbing but I ran most of the way up and the entire way down. I slipped a few times coming down as there are spots with alot of loose rocks and my shoes had little traction.

Awesome trail. Great workout

Definitely a challenge, but worth the hard work when you get to the top. Views along the way are great, and especially at the top! Bring plenty of water and a head lamp, just in case you’re coming down in the evening. Trail isn’t clearly marked at various points, so coming down at dusk or later can be extra challenging.

Love this hike! Tough, but always worth it. Wear good trail shoes and bring some water.

killer hike

this hike goes absolutely crazy. it’s super hard, but if you’re pretty fit and have determination you’ll make it to the top. bring the right equipment and be very careful. the hike is incredibly rewarding. one of the hardest hikes i’ve ever done but probably the best so far in az.

fee

Trail was great today. My 21 year old son and I did it in about 3 hours with 20 minutes at the top for pics. We like to hike, but aren’t hard core. There is only one spot that bottle necked a bit towards the top, but all in all a straight forward hike. The chalk marks on the rocks helped to keep on trail. We didn’t know what people meant by “it’s harder going down the trail”?? Thought that was the easiest part of the hike. We actually enjoyed the descent. If you go early, it is much more open. When we got back to the parking lot, it was getting busy.