Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Bring plenty of water with you as there is none on the trail. Blue and white markers help with navigating.

28 seconds ago

My favorite hike in the Valley. We backpacked and camped at the top. I have a photo of the sunset view on my living room wall.

Always love this hike. Went yesterday though and some of the trails I have taken to the top are landslide victims so definitely stay to the left going up now

Challenging, but worth it!

unbelievable views. somewhat technical. INCREDIBLY EASY to get off trail. I don't think I met one person in the trail that wasn't lost. getting off the trail can be VERY dangerous with steep hills and loose footing. my advise is that if you think you're off the trail... you are! after the first saddle, stay left. that being said, I'm in descent shape and I got it done up and down in 3.5 hrs. with 1 liter of water. that's with getting lost twice and eating lunch at the top. could've used a little more water. but doing it in 3 hrs with 1 liter is certainly doable. I recommend going in the morning. the hike up is entirely shaded then.

Awesome. Heavy traffic but great views . Beautiful foliage. The best yet.

Amazing hike and totally worth the pain to get to the summit. Make sure to bring a minimum of 3 liters plus some as you will sweat a lot; its quite the workout. Also start out as early as possible as its starting to get hot this late in April. Saw people starting up the trail at noon as we were heading out and it was already too hot in my opinion. Stay safe and enjoy the hike!

Ascending to Flatiron peak is tremendously hard, but the view from those thought engendearing altitudes is worth every painful step, every cacti quil, every blister, bruise, and cut.

This was a challenging hike but also very rewarding as well. I would encourage you to ensure you have enough water and maybe a snack as well.

If you follow the markers to the left all the way up you should be good to go.

The last section right before the summit is a scramble and it is great to hit the path at the top.

Next time I'm down here in reasonable weather I'll look to do it again.