Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Bring plenty of water with you as there is none on the trail.

26 minutes ago

easily one of the top hikes in phoenix!

Awesome! When in doubt (after the draw) stay left and stay in the wash.

Amazing hike hard but I was expecting harder Bring a lot water live early wear proper hiking boots Super fun my best hike so far Looking for more

Hard trail heavily trafficked. Views at the top are worth it.

Life is good

Wow! Amazing in every way. From all its different views, its challenge, and people you meet along the way (to direct and help ya out and good conversation) I would encourage you as a must do. Being my first time hiking Flatiron can't believe I this jewel literally in my back yard. Pay your $7 dollars experience it. Conserve as much water as you can for last mile or so up and for your way down along with some snacks.

Yes. It's hard. And challenging.
Worth it. All the way!!
Use thick hiking boots.
Extra Water!!!

I've hiked only a handful of times ever prior to this. Read reviews before hiking, so I planned for about 5-6 hours to the top and back. This was spot on, and I even spent about 20 minutes at the top eating while taking in the views. The difficulty I experienced during the ascent was right as I was reaching the top... There is a very steep wall. The views are outstanding, and it is so worth the climb! I psyched myself out at the steep wall on the descent, but thank goodness for the two gentlemen who were there to stand below in case I slipped! Above all, I'd do it again!

My favorite hiking spot so far! When I first went to Lost Dutchman State Park, I had no intentions of hiking Siphon Draw, but once I got there I had to. I decided I was going to go up as far as I could and I ended up getting all the way to the basin. I had the wrong shoes on, and it had rained the previous day so I was not able to make it past the basin because of how slippery the rocks were. The reviews here make it sound a lot harder than it actually is. Yes, it is steep and will get your heart racing - but just bring lots of water and snacks, take breaks as needed, wear proper shoes and you will be good to go!

just went up this past Sunday for the first time and holy smokes......pretty much rock climbing.