Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail

HARD 1,003 reviews

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Bring plenty of water with you as there is none on the trail. Blue and white markers help with navigating.

Very difficult trail with just under 3000 feet elevation change. It’s about five hours round-trip for the average hiker. Spectacular views.

Ouch my knees are sore and the blisters on my feet burn. I definitely underestimated this trail. I thought I was going to be on my two feet the whole way up. I ended up climbing and scratching and going the wrong way like a Dutchman. I will scratch this trail off my to do list. Over all I had fun and a workout.

This is an amazing and very challenging hike. It’s a full body workout with lots of climbing and scrambling, and you need to be mindful of wildlife such as wasps, bees, and snakes. I’ve done it 3 times so far. The most recent time (today), I went up to the Flatiron and back down to my car in about 3.5 hours (1.5 hours going up and 2 going down). I am a regular hiker at Camelback and other Phoenix-area trails and this is definitely the best (and hardest)! The views at the top are unbeatable and unmatched. You gain about 3,000 feet in elevation from the bottom to the top. You will notice some pine trees as well as much cooler temps at the top, reminding you of how high you climbed. Ample water, great hiking shoes, and snacks/food are a must. As others have said, follow the blue and white dots and arrows that are spray painted onto the rocks to stay on the trail.

Amazing views all the way up and coming back down. There are places where you literally have to climb vertically. Not for novices, the faint of heart, nor the out of shape. You could get very badly injured in places so it’s probably best done with at least a partner. I had a blast. It’s approximately 2,733 feet from the top of Flatiron to the beginning of the trail. The last 2 miles climb about 2,000 feet.

Great hike with lots of rock scrambling in the second half when the trail gets steep. Views from the top are great. Bring snacks and enough water.

This one is a knee crusher. Not particularly long but the last 3/4 mile is a hands and feet scamper.

Awesome view when you get to the top. The hike / scramble took us 5hrs including a 30 min break to lunch. The trail is steep so make sure to wear good shoes. Bring plenty of water.

My favorite hike close to the valley. Always a great workout with spectacular views. Hydrate to operate.

It is super hard trail with excellent views. It is camelback x2 . Hard on your knees. Wear good shoes . Go slow and you will make it to the top. Bring plenty of water, electrolytes, and food. Felt accomplished when made it to the top...

Absolutely beautiful hike! It was challenging as well as intimidating on some of the steeper ascending/descending parts but would highly recommend this hike. Next time I will bring gloves for the descent.

Best hike I have ever had. The trail gets hard to find at times after the waterfall, but is clearly marked with white and blue spray paint if you’re looking. I’m not an avid hiker, so it took me 3 hours to get up to the Flatiron. It was worth every minute.