Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail

Flatiron Via Siphon Draw Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Bring plenty of water with you as there is none on the trail. Blue and white markers help with navigating.

Very hard but worth it. As others have said on here......STAY LEFT!!!!!!! Knew this going up and still went right. Makes it harder than it has to be :) Met some regulars and they were very nice and informative people. Don't be afraid to ask. Will be doing this again.

Great hike

Whew! What a hike! Definitely one of the best hikes in the area - the scenery during the hike is awesome! Love how diverse the rock formations are on your way up. The hike up is pretty hard and my friend and I accidentally deviated from the trail and had to boulder our way up, but I'm assuming if you find the actual trail up it's not too bad (though it is pretty steep). Views from the top of Flatiron are SO GOOD. To the north you have the urban sprawl, to the east you have more moutnains, and directly behind you facing south, you have even more mountains and rocks! COOL MAN. We did this hike on a 100+ degree day ..... would 10/10 suggest not doing that. We brought 3L of water and my camelback ran out about 100 yards away from our car on the way back - so definitely bring a lot of water. I'll do this one again in fall when Arizona doesn't feel like an oven anymore.

Best Az hike.

My knees hate me now. They used to love me until I took them on Flatiron. :) The way up is awesome and a really fun hike. Pack lots of water, no water sources on the trail. When you get to the top... deep breaths as you take in the view. Way back down is good until about 1/4 way down and my knees got pretty upset with me. I need yoga.

Best hike near the valley. And difficult!

May 31st. Great hike. I started out at dawn temp ~ 23C. ~74F?) Forecasting 40C in the city. tough climb after the approach though enjoyable and temperature never a problem. Much scrambling and bouldering, in the higher reaches. easy to lose the trail though you're in the gully much of the way so you can't go too far wrong. Out on top the breeze and view kept me for an hour. Coming down of course tough on the legs too and I felt the heat building.

Up and back in ~3.5 hrs.

Awesome views!! Great workout!! Make sure you take lots of water!

Best done on a cool day since there is little shade. Pack plenty of water if you do go on a warmer day, 2-3 liters. Best geared for those that are above average hikers since this trail can be demanding at times. Highly recommend some type of glove as the rocks can get rough. Plan extra time so you enjoy the view once you reach the top. Enjoy a snack while you gaze over the desert valley.

It was a great hike! Challenging in nature as it's purely uphill and long enough to give a good workout. Every ounce of energy spent is worth it for the views of the valley from the top!