Fish Creek Trail

Fish Creek Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tortilla Flat, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

I had a blast driving along the dirt road to this small, quaint spot. I climbed up to the small cavern and then down into the trench below the bridge. The only problem is... the trail is flooded out (at least what they App showed me was the trail). Because there was no trail I just climbed around and snapped some pictures. It’s amazing how small you can feel staring up towards the sky at the mountain tops. I wouldn’t recommend this for an actual hike but maybe a spot to check out and have lunch.

could not even figure out how to get down from the bridge. not appropriate for a 69 year old grandma.

this time of the year it's pretty dry, mostly rock climbing and bouldering.

Not a great hike but like mentioned earlier it's more of a going between shrubbery, possibly bring a machete and if you go make sure to expect more climbing / bouldering than a hiking trail. Most of it was a climb around the canyon the further in you go. We thought there would be more water but it was pretty bone dry this time. There is some water just not like a full blown creek / river this day. It does fill up.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

One of my favorites. Loved the fact that there's not really an easy trail and it's more of navigating over boulders. Must do if you like scrambles. Didn't go very far, but still fun.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

More of a bushwhack then a trail. Plan on getting wetting wading the creek. Did it as a break along the scenic drive.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Awesome experience

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Me and three of my friends all went hiking this past weekend before the storms hit and it was a super fun trail. We are all seniors in high school, the drive was a bit far but none the less fun. The hike itself wasn't hard just going back and forth across the creek was the most time consuming part. It's windy so dress warmly and in the shade most of the time I would definitely recommend if the drive isn't bad.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

We camped at a free sight close to Appache Lake and drove to this hike in the morning, took us about 20 min to get there from the site. Hike was fun, had a lot of rock scrambling, some optional wadding through small pools, plenty of shade, and even found some partial geodes after some persistent searching. There Really probably 4 bolted climbing routes at the beginning of the hike, probably worth trying. Only downfall was that there isn't really a destination and the drive is a little long.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Great hike! But the size of boulders and numerous obstacles can get discouraging. The water is a wonderful treat but we had to stop when we reached boulders the size of cars blocking the trail. We took 2 dogs (heeler) and they had fun but it was stressful when the boulders were too big to jump. Couldn't believe how clear the water was at certain pools.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

This was a really fun hike. While trail would be a little generous it was easy to follow the creek. There was no one else down there but it may have been due to the fact that the road to get there can be a little rough. We even say some Coatimundi which was really cool!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I loved it but be prepared to find you own way as there is not really an established trail. You will be doing some rock hopping here and there. Awesome rock formations - low traffic - solitude.

Sunday, February 02, 2014

This was a beautiful trail. It is challenging to see where the trail is some of the time. We just followed the creek for a couple of miles.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

water year round and gorgeous.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

great day hike. Kids and a dog no problem. Right after a good rain the water falls and creek is very nice. Great place to get pictures.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Went overnight on the driest I have seen the area, still a beautiful hike with a grandson

Sunday, October 09, 2011

nice trail only saw three other people. Found some golfball sized geodes.

Sunday, September 25, 2016