Finger Rock Canyon Trail

Finger Rock Canyon Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Difficult to make it to Mt. Kimball and I'm in decent shape, especially when it's warm but the views are stunning.

Quite challenging and drop dead beautiful. A good bit of the hike is more like elementary rock climbing. Be sure to check out the Linda Vista spur after you round the bend about 3 miles up. Trail T's and the spur is to the right. Giant vista facing south about 200 yards.

Finger Rock nearly killed me. It's not a hike for the inexperienced or faint hearted. I didn't make it the whole way to the top on my first trip, but one day I'll return to defeat the Rock.

Went to the top in mid 70s and back down through Pima Canyon. One long haul. The canyon wasn't a smooth downhill . Up and down. Looking down in the canyon from The top made it look like a mini Grand Canyon. The trail into Pima was hard to find

only made it as far as the overlook to the other canyon. It is relentlessly steep, very little shade. This stream was running however so it was gorgeous. start early if you want to make it to the top.

We went one mile up the trail from the parking lot. Absolutely gorgeous scenery. Not too tough but if you have sensitive knees, bring your walking stick. The February weather was perfect for this hike and the desert was green! A mile takes you to a spring. Took about an hour and a half for us old folks.

love this trail, have not made it to the top yet but will eventually! Today was my first hike. beautiful

Beautiful hike, incredible views! Will be back for more!

Beautiful hike, incredible views! Will be back for more!

I do not recommend doing this hike alone, I attempted it and turned around. Overall very steep but easy terrain to navigate. Just a pretty straight drop off from a small trail down into the canyon, not for people who are scared of heights.

Moderate start with increasing intensity with minimal plateau-ing. Desert scrub to pinetops, worth all the effort!

NO DOGS ALLOWED! Great hike, but after driving up here, I had to go back and drop my dog off at home.

Yes, this trail is gorgeous beyond what I expected honestly. It is difficult but I believe it is worth the hike. The views are understandable; multiple cliffs to hear your echo, multiple caves to explore on the sides of the trail and spectacular views from the canyon towards the city of Tucson. You should definitely attempt this trail, even if you only go in a mile you still get to cross the stream and seen wonderful views that only a picture can describe. Thanks for reading and as always stay safe!!!