Finger Rock Canyon Trail

Finger Rock Canyon Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Fabulous trail! Challenging and scenic. The trail is in the shade in the morning which staved off the heat until later. We started this him at 6am and spent most of the at up in the shade. About half as much on the way down.

I'm a newbie having only hiked 4 times in a month and this was very challenging for me. But dang that scenery. Only did 1.6 miles. That massive chasm with those huge boulders all collected at the bottom, man.

Spent 4.5 hours hiking. Wanted to hike to the end of finger rock trail but my hiking partner's knees were taking some abuse. We left at 8 am and the hike in was mostly shaded by the high ridges on our right. As you near the top the trail narrows and it gets thick with trees and shrubs. It was very windy and cool for much of the hike. Coming down the trail can definitely be hard on the knees. Great hike and hope to do it again soon and hike the entire trail. We've seen a Gila monster and a mountain goat in our last two hikes. As you hike in further it gets less busy. Of course bring water!

We hiked two hours up to the saddle, it was an aggressive hike but worth it. The views are gorgeous. We were told by other hikers we were about an hour and a half from the trail end. It is a beautiful hike and moderately populated with people.

Difficult to make it to Mt. Kimball and I'm in decent shape, especially when it's warm but the views are stunning.

Quite challenging and drop dead beautiful. A good bit of the hike is more like elementary rock climbing. Be sure to check out the Linda Vista spur after you round the bend about 3 miles up. Trail T's and the spur is to the right. Giant vista facing south about 200 yards.

Finger Rock nearly killed me. It's not a hike for the inexperienced or faint hearted. I didn't make it the whole way to the top on my first trip, but one day I'll return to defeat the Rock.