Fatmans Loop Trail

Fatmans Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Follow Santa Fe Avenue past the entrance to the Flagstaff Mall and the Peaks Ranger District Office to a trailhead parking lot just off the north side of the street.

Quick fun hike with easy-moderate incline. Good view of the cinders.

Great family hike.

Awesome trail!

Great, quick hike with plenty of uphill inclines to feel like you are really hiking! I wouldn't suggest taking kids under the age of 7, though, unless you are sure they have the stamina. My 5 year old had many meltdowns, and I had to carry her a lot. Hahaha Fun, nonetheless!

Love this trail. It's short but a decent workout. Crowded on the weekends but not bad during the week. Great views

My 14-year-old daughter and I hiked this trail on 7-22-17 and just loved it! Took us about 65 minutes, and we stopped a couple times for photos. Lots of shade along the way for us, and plenty of friendly families with dogs along the trail too! No bathroom facilities at trail.

Beautiful moderate trail. Leisurely pace with breaks was 75 min car to car. Late afternoon nicely shaded. Will definitely be back!

Nice loop trail.

Beautiful family hike with great views! It's a little steep on the way up. I was told that if you go to the right at the T at the beginning of the trail, it's a little more gradual. Highly recommend!!