Learn more

Explorer Trail Loop is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 255 feet Route Type: Loop

I do recommend going right to start the trail after going through the entrance. The rocky hills are east yo go up than potentially sliding down.

No one was on this trail today! I followed the directions from alltrails and I thought it lead me to someones address, because the trailhead has a mailbox and a gate. There is really only room for one car right next to it, but you can park on the shoulder of the highway. Go through the gate and the map on the app is accurate. If you start by heading straight like I did, the trail is relatively scenic and easy to walk on. The last portion of the loop under the telephone wire (which isn't drawn on the physical map along the trail) is very rocky and easy to slip. Saw a few deer, which was the wildlife highlight of the day. Overall I liked this trail as a place to get some different scenery and social distance. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

Really great trail for the first 1.5 miles then really rocky on the west end of the trail.

Fun little trail. This Trail starts with Sunset Pass, then onto Explorer going East, then to Ledge Surfer heading South for a little bit, then to the Telephone Trail going west. Note that there is no signage for Telephone Trail. The Telephone Trail is semi steep with a lot of loose rocks. Nice way to spend a little time.

Thu Jan 31 2019

Easy, quick trail.

Thu Oct 11 2018

Easy trail for beginners, new Sarasota trail also that creates an extra little pathway. Beautiful views, can spot deer almost every hike!

Sat Feb 24 2018

Couldn't find trail head or any trail markers. found a beaten down bath with bike tracks but in a sketchy neighborhood.

Mon Jan 09 2017

I like these trails as they are close to my house. I drive 5 minutes and I'm there. Would I consider this real hiking? No. But, I messed up my knee two months ago and as I'm healing, these trails are keeping me active, I'm outside and I can walk for 2 hours while enjoying outside. I also have been getting my sister, mom and nephews out of the house a few times a week.

Fri Jul 10 2015

Robles Pass has a variety of trails Flight Path is the toughest with may rocks and considerable climbing. Camaro Loop is about 5 miles and the easiest route. Has an old rideable Camaro right off the trail that must have been abandoned. Ridden here many times.

Fri Feb 14 2014

These are the new Robles Pass trails. The system of trails is relatively flat and very low desert walking (I wouldn't really consider it hiking), similar to the Sweetwater system. While you can take your dogs, the trails are very rocky and my dog's paws were torn to shreds, I had to carry her back, so I would not recommend taking a dog. This is typical of the Tucson Mountains. A map can be found at the Pima county Tucson mountain parks site or I pasted it below.