Esperero, Rattlesnake and Phoneline Trail Loop

Esperero, Rattlesnake and Phoneline Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and bird watching and is best used from September until May.

Distance: 4.4 miles Elevation Gain: 721 feet Route Type: Loop

Dogs are not allowed in the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area.

Slight inclines but hard because of no shade. Bring lots of water. Currently the stream is pretty heavy because there was just rain so had to rock jump across to the other side of the path. Beautiful though! Recommended.

Good quick trail but VERY hot and buggy this morning

Great short, well-traveled hiking trail. Wonderful views of Coronado wilderness and Saguaro 'forests'.

Hiked this one March 24 and it was gorgeous! Wildflowers everywhere and tons of water in the creek. Highly recommend it.

closed

Hiked the Esperero Trail out to the strong current fed by yesterday's snowfall at Bird Canyon. While I wanted to continue up to the snowline, we were running out of time and had to re-trace our steps to Rattlesnake Trail, which took us to the tram stop at the top of the Sabino Canyon Road. We were hoping to take the Phoneline Trail back to the visitor's center, but the snowmelt flooded out the river crossing so we had to slog a mile down the road back to the parking lot. All in all, a lovely hike with the snow icing the mountaintops, but the afternoon winter sun didn't allow for very good views towards the city.

I’ve done this trail twice now and really enjoy the different terrains of the connecting trails. You get to see so many different aspects of the desert, a river bed, cactus “forest” and up a mountain. I think the phone line part is a little more moderate than easy. I had someone who was afraid of heights with me and the trail is tight up towards the top.

Ok walk

Saturday, May 12, 2018

This route is my favorite head-clearing walk in Sabino.

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Excellent

Friday, April 06, 2018

Love that you get to see Sabino from both sides of the canyon.

recorded Sarah Hike