Esperero Canyon Trail

Esperero Canyon Trail is a 12.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Aptly named. Pick a cool day, or what passes for cool in Tucson.

A nice climb to a great view and then another climb I have not completed yet. Pretty exposed but the temps up at the first big ridgeline cool off nicely. Can have some nice flowers in the spring.

This is my favorite trail so far in Tucson. Nice trail, beautiful scenery, and in general a reasonable incline, not too steep. I made it about 2hrs in so far, up to the top of the ridge. I'm planning on doing Mt. Kimball from Pima Canyon and then come down either Finger Rock or this trail to finish. Should be epic !

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Very surprising trail a lot of fun. Challenging at times and enjoyable as well. Would do it again. We got to the top of the basin area. Next time we will go further were there are streams etc...

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Awesome hike,, my second hike and loving it.. views were espectacular!!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Man, we did this trail today and it was hot! 98.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

always a beautiful and strenuous hike!!

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

A good hike with incline climbing during the first part of the trail. I haven't done the whole trail. About 4 miles in trail becomes overgrown and can be hard to follow

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A good hike with some great views. Did not do the entire trail. Hiked in for about two hours from the Sabino Recreation area and got to the top of the canyon. A couple of waterfalls on the back side of the canyon. Scenic and peaceful on the top.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Another favorite hike. I do not usually go that far. I hike two hours out, which puts me over the cardiac switchback and around the basin, but not as far as the map shows.

Friday, October 11, 2013

The trail is very well traveled at the beginning. However, after a few switchbacks the vegetation changes and you will find yourself crossing a riverbed a few times. At this point the trail is often overgrown, but just keep heading out and you'll get to the end.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This is a good hike...you have to work in places but overall, it isn't too strenuous. The views, flowers, and animals are amazing. We kept it short today, as we got a late start and the temperature was approaching 90. We will be back a bit earlier in the day.

recorded Esperero Canyon Trail