Echo Canyon Trail

Echo Canyon Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Simon, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

A little windy today but beautiful scenery the entire way. We stared on the grotto side and ended with the gradual climb. Will definitely come back to this park!!

Our group of 5 hiked the trail counterclockwise in March. The grotto area was spectacular and the views all along the hike were breathtaking. I would call it a moderate hike for us 60+, occasional hikers. We were glad we had poles and plenty of water.

Beautiful scenery

very nice hike through rock formations, great views.

The road up to the parking lot was under construction the day we hiked, so we started at the visitor centre lot, went up the Rhyolite trail to connect with the loop, and ended up with a 12 km (7.5 mile) hike. The Rhyolite section is easy, and the connector takes you through a pleasant forested section with dry creek beds kids would love.

The loop itself offers lots of variety, and is easy to moderate. The highlight is absolutely the Echo Canyon section, so take your time through here and explore. The views where this section meets with the Hailstone Trail are superb, especially on a brilliant February day. We went clockwise which makes the climb a little steeper but not an issue for most hikers. It was not busy at all, but then the road closure may have helped.

This is a moderate hike with some interesting rock formations on the way. Have taken the grandchildren to the grottoes and they loved it. On our own we have hiked the whole trail. I loved the Wall Street area and the views are spectacular

I love this trail! And if you have time and energy left, it's definitely worth the extra mileage to take the side trail Mushroom Rock to Inspiration Point.

Hiked Echo Canyon Trail on Saturday the 19th of September with my wife and daughter. This trail is the most scenic I have been on to date with it's amazing rock formations among tall pines and flowering plants. It's at the end of the Arizona monsoon season and there is a spectacular array of colors with the wildflowers still in full bloom. Definitely hike this trail counter clockwise where you start encountering the very cool rock formations. It is also the steepest part of the trail so your going down as opposed to climbing it at the end of the hike. I would rate this trail as a moderate hike taking the average person in decent shape around two hours. Be sure and take a camera so many great photo opportunities.

Favorite trail in the area. The rock formations were awesome! Loved the portion called "The Grotto" and walked up into it for a neat photo. Not much shade on the trail but wasn't that bad in the August heat.

Alright. I didn't realize I was in the park. Go up a bit--it gets better.