Echo Canyon Summit Trail

Echo Canyon Summit Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Camelback Mountain is iconic throughout the Phoenix area, and is perhaps the most popular of in-town hiking locations. Extreme heat, no shade, and thick crowds make this a difficult hike during the summer months. The summit offers view of the Phoenix metro area.

10 minutes ago

This hike is not my favorite as far as scenery goes. However it's a great location and great exercise. Very busy!

Easy hike . Great practice hike for a beginner.

Best training hike in Phx. Lots of traffic. Parking can be tough during the season. Great 360 views of phx metro area.

Heavily trafficked, but so so fun!

Well this trail was harder than I expected it to be but totally doable. (This is only my fourth hike my entire life and I'm 31) I consider myself to be somewhat fit (I workout 4-6 days per week) and I think I had more of a mental battle than a physical one. There really is no "trail", it really is scrambling over rocks a majority of the way up. So many times I wanted to turn around and just go back but I kept pushing and even though I didn't enjoy the views this time (I'm afraid of heights and this was a big fear) I plan to do this again. We went up and back in an hour and a half... I really enjoyed going down more than I did going up. A couple of guys had babies on their back (insane!!) and there were kids on this trail but I personally would not have brought my baby or my kids. If you enjoy pushing yourself and consider yourself somewhat fit I think this trail is doable. But if you don't consider yourself to be in decent shape I would skip this trail and find one that's easier. I haven't done the Cholla trail yet but that's on my list

Very difficult, beautiful views

Gotta do this every weekend!