Learn more

Easy Breezy to Baldwin to Hiline to Slim Shady Loop

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(15)
Munds Mountain Wilderness

Easy Breezy to Baldwin to Hiline to Slim Shady Loop is a 9.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,446 feet Route Type: Loop

This hike was really beautiful and had the most diverse terrain of any trail I’ve hiked. Hyline has amazing views. I would not rate it as hard except maybe for climbing to the top of Cathedral Rock. Would definitely recommend it. For us it was 11 miles as we went off trail for awhile.

Wed Nov 14 2018

Great views and it's not too bad. There is one particularly challenging (some I was hiking with found it scary) spot you'll encounter, but it's really the only part that is _that_ challenging. That part probably gave it the 'hard' rating. Lost the trail on slim shady. There is a spur that I got turned around - but wasn't that hard to reorient myself.

Sun Oct 01 2017

Wow. This is one of the easiest hikes I have ever been on. Super duper easy 10 miles. It would've been challenging on a mtb just because of the sheer dropoffs on the slim shady portion of the trail but in terms of hiking this trail is not challenging whatsoever. Also, there's a TON of traffic noise for 90% of the hike and in the first half there's tons of people and children. Not a good hike if you're looking for something peaceful and challenging. The best thing about this hike were the BEAUTIFUL views on the Slim Shady portion.

Wed Jun 07 2017

This is an extremely technical trail. I would call it mountain bike tip toeing at best. Don't expect to get any speed or Momentum. Both up and downhill are very challenging. I am fairly experienced and I had to walk a good third of the trail.

Sat Jun 03 2017

High line is my all time favorite trail! So awesome

Wed Dec 28 2016

Mildly difficult with very rewarding views on both sides of Cathedral Rock. Move over for the bikers.

Mon Jan 28 2019