Eastwing Mountain Trail

Eastwing Mountain Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Peoria, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Eastwing mountain is a lightly travelled trail in Peoria that has both moderate and difficult hiking options. The difficult option is a rock scramble up. On the moderate trail you will have to go down the rock portion to complete the loop. There is a beautiful 360 degree view from the top of Peoria and the surrounding area.

I went to East Wing following a quick hike at Calderwood Butte. About half the trail is pretty easy and not particularly interesting, but once you get to the trail marker and have to choose which direction to ascend, things get more interesting. I choose the difficult path up as coming down the mountain is always the harder task for me. I'm glad I made that choice. The difficult path up was actually a lot of fun. The views from the summit were pleasant and the path down had some interesting views. This site measures the trail at 1.5 miles, my FitBit clocked it in at 2.0-2.5 miles, so I must have gotten off track at some point.

Nice trail, good parking area. I did the “non difficult “ trail first, and then came down the difficult part. Beautiful views. Nice trail

A good little trail not heavily trafficked. Seems to be a new neighborhood and park nearby; that's where you park. A short hike to the trailhead and you're off! There's good views of the Northwest Valley including: The CAP canal, Lake Pleasant area, Bradshaw Mountains, and all of Peoria. Nearby are Westwing and Sunrise Mountain too! Deems and Pyramid to the East. All good hikes! A short mountain, but still good views. Not a hike I would waste my time on in cooler weather, but great for a quick workout in late July!

I'm sad so many houses are going up around this mountain, but it's been a favorite hike over the years. Rarely are there crowds and I can bring my dog. All of the trails are well-maintained and the views are nice. It's fun to climb this trail and watch the hot air balloons take off.

First time ever hiking and took this trail it was a great experience

I love this trail and the views from the top especially make it something special. If you are looking for a more difficult hike make sure to start from the trailhead because the marker will point you in the direction that is more difficult!

Only saw a few people on the trail. This was really enjoyable. Not difficult, but at the same time still not exactly easy.

Low traffic clean trail love it! ❤️