Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Dreamy Draw to Piestewa Peak is a 6.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from September until May.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,856 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Dogs are not allowed on the Piestewa Peak's Summit trail.

too many people, fun hike otherwise. I'll stick to the Superstitions.

the summit to piestewa peak is not dog friendly. dogs are not allowed on summit trail.

Hiking parallel to the 51 is loud but once you get into the Preserve the trail is nice and quiet with hardly any other hikers. Signage is for trail 1A and even though the signs are infrequent it is still possible to follow the trail without resorting to the map. GPS cut out 2/3 of the way in for me but by then I was on the 302. Good steep parts, allow plenty of time if also hiking up Piestwa Peak.

Horribly marked is an understatement - but what a great promotional tool for AllTrails. We had it open pretty much the whole way to Piestewa. Great workout!

Great trail but we took an Uber back to the start because it got hot. Will do the full loop in a month or 2!

This trail was beautiful and fun and very challenging, but horribly marked. We ended up doing 8 miles but didn’t complete the 6.5 mile out and back. I would like to come back when it’s not over 100 degrees out so a 2 mile detour doesn’t hurt as much, and hopefully I’ll know better about where I’m going the second time around!

8-2-19. Sunrise Start on Dreamy Draw to The Second Peak and continued on up a little further with my friend who found The FIRST Piestewa Peak Marker!!! So exciting to touch and experience it as it’s my 3rd Visit and had no clue existed, Thank You fellow AllTrails Hikers who shared, really cool!!! It was HOT coming down today and I struggled, I ran out of 2.5 of water and 32 ounces of power drinks....Relieved my friend had 16 ounces of water to give with salt tabs every hour...I made it safely back to car. Maybe 10 Friendly Hikers On The Trail, seemed we were the only ones doing the extended hike other than the straight hike up Piestewa Peak. Loved coming across a Chuckwalla and a few small lizards. STRESS MORE WATER THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED & Salt Tabs, Power Electrolyte Drinks and snacks. I do not recommend this hike for summer, should have known better. No Fees, Washrooms & Water at Parking. Safety First & Have Fun!!!

Started at 6:45 - little warm to get the 7 miles away n but a great hike. Shade in the first half at that time.

This trail is beautiful! You get to see and hike a large part of Dreamy Draw. It is definitely a strenuous hike. About 7.5 miles round trip. Take enough water, snacks and try to start early, especially during the summer.

Next time. Time ran out.

Mon Mar 11 2019

Awesome, fun trail! Lots of different choices for paths until you get to the split-off for the summit trail. The summit trail itself is the hardest part, but it’s pretty short. Make sure to go find the peak marker past the area where the majority of people stop at the top! It’s also considerably easier than camelback if anyone was wondering.

Mon Oct 29 2018

Hmmm...We tried to do this hike, but, as sometimes happens, we went off where things looked interesting. I am not sure where or what hike we were, but we started in the parking lot and ended up on 1A until we found a marker that said "Irregular Link", which sounded cool, so we headed that way. We ended up having to turn around after about an hour and a half because we had somewhere to be. The first part of our hike was deciding in that it looked like it was going to be disappointingly boring, but it got better and better, especially when we got into the Irregular link. Loose rocks, good steep inclines, narrow pathways in some spots, great views. I only have it four stars because of the first quarter of the trail and because it was hard to decide which hike we were on. It was pretty.

Sun Mar 18 2018

It is a good hike.. the trail is not heavily markedly

Sat Mar 17 2018

pretty good hike. did this and decided to take 302 loop from base and back around east and North to the 1A trail and back to dreamy draw. lots of ups, downs and switchbacks. overall one hell of a workout.

Sat Dec 30 2017

Bathroom facilities at the base. Few people on this side of peak on the ascent. Steep toward the summit with stairs. Peak was more crowded with people coming up from other side. Took 1:20 on the ascent, and 1 hour for the descent.

Sun Sep 03 2017

A How Does One Get to the Mountain. The answer: Drive towards the mountain. Look, there's a parking lot. How Does One Get to the Trailhead? There's a path, lets take it. Oh! Look at that adorable cactus. Oh. Look at that shiny rock! A day of two 2nd cousins getting to know one another. Look for the mountain and head towards it. It'll be. good hike. If you enter from Dreamy Draw you won't see too many people until you get to the main trail for the summit. Oh, and you'll come across an abandoned structure of some sort with some decent graffiti. Though, its near by to the corner of that neighborhood right there, so you might run into some locals getting high or what not.