Dragonfly Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cave Creek, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An absolutely lovely little hike among the cottonwoods, along Cave Creek. Lots of wildflowers, grass, trees, and, bonus - SHADE! ...a rarity on Phoenix trails. This little hike was very dreamy because of the vegetation and the trickle of the water. But be warned, snakes need to drink too - I saw a diamondback twisting and bending around the roots of a cottonwood, slowwwwwly lowering its head down into the water. Very elegant to watch, but for those of you who don't like snakes, beware.

Loved everything about it. Short but sweet. Great for kids, I took all five of my kids and even my two year old did great!

Nice scenery, different trees, and great for kids! We took our three and five year old boys and had a blast.

Interesting terrain with a variety of flora. Very pleasant

Great short trail also went on the Tortuga trail which cuts off of this trail to get a better view of the mountains worth the extra miles.

Super easy, lots of shade and beautiful views for a Desert. Took our 6 month old puppy who loved it. It took about 35 min total.

I connected to this from Spur Cross. It was an ok hike through the shade. There is an old cave/mine shaft that was pretty neat. I may have given it more stars if there was water or in the spring with flowers. Bird activity is as minimal. I enjoyed Spur Cross more. But for kids or older folks this is a relatively easy trail

This trail is awesome!

Just gorgeous! Saguaros, hawks, crows, trees with leaves that make beautiful music in the quiet wind.....

Ended my trek through Spur Cross on Dragonfly from the connecting Tortuga Trail. It was mostly downhill and by the time I got to the dry creek the footing was a bit rough so I went slow. The views down here were amazing! Lots of saguaros and the trees were yellow/orange along Jewel of the Creek. The rock formations were intimidating but gave the scenery a nice feel. Will return when there’s water in the creek!!

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Beautiful! Flowers in bloom, a creek, and a nice little beach area. Very nice for children. Lovely views too. This is a great trail.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lovely easy trail with incredible views. First time at Spur Cross and definitely going back!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Great easy trail. We did it after going up Black Mountain. Very well maintained.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Many unmarked trails is my only negative comment. This is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the desert and feels like you have been enveloped by greenery. The trails are easy enough you do not feel as if you are climbing even though you are gaining elevation. Plenty of parking and restrooms at the start. All around great hike.

Friday, March 10, 2017

This is definitely a must hike trail if you want to just relax and enjoy being with nature. Absolutely beautiful and a great easy hike. Stop and cool your feet in the creek, sit on the hill top bench and meditate or explore the cave. Lovely!

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Beautiful easy hike that makes you feel like you're away from the city.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What a beautiful hike! We started at Spur Ranch Crossing and ended with Dragonfly. Gorgeous views: saguaros,cottonwoods, lots of birds, a cave, and a creek. It was easy and the scenery was breathtaking at every turn. I highly recommend this trail.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Nice excellent hike. Very easy I typically start off with the Spur Cross part then split off to the dragonfly trail.