Doe Mountain Trail

Doe Mountain Trail is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 27 miles south from Flagstaff to Sedona on US 89A. Continue through Sedona to Dry Creek Road at the west end of town. Turn north on Dry Creek Road (FR152C) three miles to the Boynton Canyon intersection then left on FR 152C about a mile to the trailhead.

Really nice short hike up to spectacular views and great sunset.

I would definitely rank this as moderate, numerous switchbacks and large steps. Keeping that in mind, the views from the plateau are pretty spectacular.

A nice easy hike with a gorgeous 360 view from the top.

Vast views at the top, although be sure that you walk to the far side of the summit to look down on the valley below. hike is moderate with lots of switchbacks.

Fairly easy climb with beautiful views. Many cars were at the trailhead yet it was not too crowded hiking up to the top. Once we were at the top, we were alone almost the entire time. The views were outstanding. Our mileage was more like 4 miles.

Easy hike although there are a lot of switchbacks. It’s a great hike to start your day with or to end with and watch the subset. Big area on top to explore the views all around!

I wouldn't call this super easy if you are afraid of heights, but it's doable and worth it for the amazing view at the top. It didn't seem so bad coming down, probably because I knew I could do it then. :)

Fun trail to start your day. Great views and lots of space at top to picnic.

Amazing view for the sunrise!

Tourist info advised this hike as a quick, but beautiful trek. Glad we stopped when we had little time to tour Sedona. Excellent hour hike with spectacular views. Moderate level switchbacks to the top and 360 degree views of surrounding mountains and city of Sedona. Highly recommend.

Great to hike this short trail 1.5 hours before sunset. Lots of switch backs. You can make it up to the top in 30 min easily. Spend about 30 min on the plateau. Then work your way down the mountain during the last 30min (or less) to time the sunset toward the final 100 yards

Family friendly (6 and 8 year olds did well)

Pretty hike with quick elevation gain via switchbacks and a little scrambling. Pretty views along path and at top of Mesa. We did this close to sunset which was pretty but we were chasing daylight on way back down. A headlamp would be handy if you want to watch the sky for a bit after sun sets.

Great hike to do at sunset! Awesome 360 degree views from the summit. Moderate, short hike with a quick incline.

This hike is quite short, only taking me 15 minutes to get to the top of this large plateau. The plateau is quite large and you can just wander around its edge as much or as little as you like.

4 Stars because it was a fairly busy trail.

As someone who has a terrible fear of heights, I did not make it up to the top of the trail unfortunately, although the views on the way up are spectacular. I think I got pretty close to the top, but the trail became extremely narrow over some very smooth boulders with a steep drop-off -- and a panic attack set in. Not a good spot for that to happen, let me tell you. I wish I would have known how much longer the trail would be like that, but several people were also turning back in that same spot due to difficulty, so I didn't feel too bad. Maybe next time I will make it to the top! Agreed with others that this trail should be upgraded to hard or at least moderate, with a caution for those afraid of heights.

By far the best view in town. Steep to get there, but it’s a short climb. Take a dizzying stroll around the mesa top once you’re there to see the entire valley.

Such a rewarding view when you get to the top!

Nice climb. One of the switchbacks can leave someone with a fear of heights a little nervous.

Did this after doing the Bear Mountain. Definitely not a solitude hike.

Definitely needs to be upgraded to moderate/hard as this is a pretty steep and narrow path although plenty of people were going up without too much trouble.