Doe Mountain Trail

Doe Mountain Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Flagstaff: Drive 27 miles south from Flagstaff to Sedona on US 89A. Continue through Sedona to Dry Creek Road at the west end of town. Turn north on Dry Creek Road (FR152C) three miles to the Boynton Canyon intersection then left on FR 152C about a mile to the trailhead.

Took Aerie trail and Doe Mountain trail from the Fay Canyon trailhead. Saw a rattlesnake on the Doe Mountain trail. Great views from the top of Doe Mountain.

This is definitely a moderately hard hike, with a major elevation gain as you clamber up rocks in a quick one mile elevation gain. The view from the top is totally worth the work because the views of those gorgeous red rock Sedona mesas are extraordinary. Bring water, and your knee brace, and be ready for some amazing vistas.

Great quick hike to a absolutely gorgeous view. Switchbacks made for a workout in the middle but not too hard. Older kids would do fine if careful. The view at the top was a highlight for us!

Steep trip up but the vistas at the top are great.

I would rate it moderate for some steep step-ups. Once you reach the top the views of the Sedona valley are fantastic.

Short hike with an easy-moderate climb involving switchbacks. Views at top are phenomenal. It was extremely windy when we were up there, otherwise we would have enjoyed more time taking in the views. Ran into a group of elderly people having a very difficult time getting down, so be aware of your abilities before you hike.

Quick and easy with a beautiful view. Easy to find trailhead right off the road, decent stretch of switchbacks to get to the top, and beautiful views of Sedona. Would highly recommend as a quick and fairly easy addition to a day of hiking!

We have been on this Trail a few times. You almost cannot beat the views at the top. Spectacular doesn’t adequately describe it.

I mean as far as bang for your buck this is it. expect about 30 minutes of rocky stairlike switchbacks with pretty steep elevation. nice views the whole way up. when you're on the top, you walk through a beautiful flat "garden" to the views. Did it for sunrise, stunning!

Great views of the entire area from the top.

Hiked this evening for the sunset, well worth it. Fun to walk around the top Mesa.

30 minutes to the top with my 9 year old daughter. Spent 30-40 minutes at the top taking in the views.

Takes your breath away early on and keeps you excited. There are a few scrambles so I wouldn't recommend doing it while holding a toddler.. but we saw someone doing just that and they seemed OK.

Great hike.

Walked in from Aerie and enjoyed the switchback trail to the top of Doe Mountain. Walked the perimeter, enjoying the great views from the top. Would recommend this trail to most people who enjoy a great hike with just a bit of a challenge. My wife's Fitbit clocked it at just over 5.5 miles.

Our family of five (2 adults, ages 12,7,9) just finished hiking this trail. It was a great experience and we would definitely do it again! It took around an hour 1/2 total and was so beautiful. It wasn’t too difficult, but was a little of a challenge. I would recommend bringing water and sunscreen. Enjoy your hike!

My family really loved it...easy switchback well-worn paths-not too strenuous and plenty of space to pause along the way up. The real treat is the view from the top- once you reach the top, it’s happy walking along the edge and magnificent views in all directions. My family enjoyed the view, the exploring, and making cairns galore—its a relatively short hike up and down, but we stretched it much longer by having such a great time at the top. Bring a lunch/sunscreen and enjoy it up there!!!

My kids 5 and 8 loved it. Well worth the trip

Great sunset hike, be up at the top at least an hour before sunset.

When I first looked at this hike it stated it was an "easy" hike. It's definitely a "moderate" hike in my opinion because you're consistently walking up and there are some places where you have to walk in small crevices and walk up and over big and loose rocks.

Wear sturdy hiking boots and watch your footing. If you need to, take it slow, like we did.

The views up top are astounding, especially at sunset.

Great moderate hike w fun kid friendly rocks and parking

Giving it a 5 for the views from the top. A few spots were a little hard for a 57 yr old novice hiker like me. When I looked at this trail before we hiked it it read easy. It was not what I expected as far as being easy. There are parts where you have to climb over rocks. I see now it reads moderate. .

Trail gets a bit thinner, and the brush gets a little thick near the top. nice views. It's not a long strenuous climb, but the "Easy" rating may not be accurate.

Definitely not easy as stated.. climbed over many rocks and steps. More like 2.5 miles round trip. Nice views, but wife after 3 back surgeries couldn’t handle this so called easy rock climb and misrepresented distance

a nice hike! with beautiful views of the canyon once you get to the top

Really nice short hike up to spectacular views and great sunset.

I would definitely rank this as moderate, numerous switchbacks and large steps. Keeping that in mind, the views from the plateau are pretty spectacular.

A nice easy hike with a gorgeous 360 view from the top.

Vast views at the top, although be sure that you walk to the far side of the summit to look down on the valley below. hike is moderate with lots of switchbacks.

Fairly easy climb with beautiful views. Many cars were at the trailhead yet it was not too crowded hiking up to the top. Once we were at the top, we were alone almost the entire time. The views were outstanding. Our mileage was more like 4 miles.

Easy hike although there are a lot of switchbacks. It’s a great hike to start your day with or to end with and watch the subset. Big area on top to explore the views all around!

I wouldn't call this super easy if you are afraid of heights, but it's doable and worth it for the amazing view at the top. It didn't seem so bad coming down, probably because I knew I could do it then. :)

Fun trail to start your day. Great views and lots of space at top to picnic.