Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits

Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,230 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail that offers incline on the peaks but then easy walking along the loop. Lightly trafficked, clearly marked, a well kept trail altogether.

Excellent trail. Not too many people or cyclists. Terrain changes along the way which keeps it interesting. Lovely owl nest to welcome you at the beginning of the train. All in all, I will add this to my hiking list.

If you're a 51 yr old, 6'2" male, weighing in at 230 and have done zero cardio in a couple years be prepared to hate life. Was really great hike and I am definitely feeling the pain. I feel great tho and I also hit the summit trail on the way. definitely a workout for the outta shape guy like myself.

Went counter-clockwise at 11:00 after the sun was out in January. Short sleeve shirt and pants and that was a bit warm. Lots of Cholla forests. Felt like a prairie in the desert. Okayish views of the town's here. Two peaks. Did the western peak and not the eastern. Could have done both. Nice ups and downs.

Nice, easy hike to start the day around 7am and finished around 9am. Enjoyed the quiet solitude and peaceful sunrise.

Nice trail. Quite rocky with several areas of fairly steep climbing. We did it counter clockwise which is a little less steep. Our first hike with the app. Worked great. Even gave us a warning we had veered off the trail.

It’s well marked. I went at 6am and brought a flashlight but the trail was so well defined I didn’t need it. I literally only saw one person. This is a great gem if it’s always pretty slow. There aren’t any bikers because of the elevation which always makes a trail more enjoyable to me(not throwing shade at bikers but the ones I’ve come across don’t give you any warning that they are behind you)

Great morning hike as you can get an awesome view of the sunrise.

couldn't finish the loop 98F at 9am

This was a really pretty hike and very relaxing. Some more challenging areas but definitely manageable, even for an inexperienced hiker (like myself). I will go on this hike again.

Adding the summits makes it quite a bit more challenging.

What a great way to spend the day. This trial is amazing with the scenic views and wildlife, Owls, Turtles and some kind of rabbit with big ole ears. Had a blast on the trial and will recommend it to everyone.

I truly could not love this trail more!! Great distance with a mix of good hills with the 2 summits!! Not too busy but enough people to know you’re not alone on the trail, especially if you come across a rattler or 2(which I did). Top 5 of favourite trails for sure. Wide trail with a few rocky/screw spots but no problem if you have good shoes!! And the views are spectacular!!!!

This is always a "go to" trail. It's close and it's one of the few places in the north valley that has the correct combination of distance, elevation ascents and descents and relative solitude compared to others.

Great hike.

We loved this trail! Hiked to both summits which have a bit of an incline but very doable. We met a local who told us about an owl who was nesting in a cactus and we were fortunate enough to see her and get some photos! Will definitely do this one again!

loved this hike

Beautiful trail, had a great day. Be careful of scree: loose scree in some places but not bad. Trail is somewhat rocky, feet were a little sore at the end of the day. Gorgeous area. Wildflowers were in bloom and some of the cholla were just starting to flower.

Beautiful Sunrise with Hot Air Balloons in the sky!!! Good incline workout with both Summits, trails well maintained, washrooms on site....easy/moderate with open landscape of Cholla and some wild flowers....no shade so wear your hats and sunscreen!

Sun Feb 17 2019

good trail, not too challenging.

Beautiful views.

Sun Feb 03 2019

Hiked in the rain and it was gorgeous! Highly recommended.

Tue Jan 29 2019

Very nice hike the beginning is a little bit of a challenge due to the incline of the hill! But such a nice hike my husband and I we spent about a hour and traveled 3 miles the terrain is nice to look at there is a flat area that gives you a nice break from climbing. We will do it again and do the full loop next time but we will take a north west start this time once we reach the split in the trail.

Mon Jan 14 2019

Pretty hike! Unlike another trail I was on the last time I visited, it’s got good elevation changes to make it interesting and some really lovely views. The summits are both doable (in one of the duplicate listings for the summits on AllTrails, they’re listed as hard. They’re not hard.) I always end up registering more mileage than AllTrails lists. I think it had 6.9 miles when I got back to my car. Beware of loose rock. There’s plenty. My poor boots and their wearing soles can attest to that.

Mon Jan 07 2019

Moderate hike (few steep sections, a lot of easy or flat sections, and some moderate inclines). Smooth trail attractive to mountain bikers. Didnt seem to be crowded at all, and those we did cross were very friendly. Easy to stay on the trail with trail markers. It is a beautiful hike and we will definitely do it again. By the way, we did the hike as it is shown on the map and it was 5.4 miles. I read some other reviews stating it was 3.x miles but it's not.

Thu Jan 03 2019

Really enjoyed this trail and the scenery. It is very quiet and peaceful on the backside of the mountain opposite where you park. Plenty of great photo ops. Hikers, runners and mountain bikes all share the trail that can be a little tight in some areas.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Really nice hike. There's enough elevation gain with the summits too make this a nice workout that can be done in a couple hours. I like to take quick breather at the top of each hill and run back down it.