Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(377)
Phoenix Sonoran Desert Preserve

Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,230 feet Route Type: Loop

This one was great. But it is good to note that you need to do this early in the summer months as it gets really hot and being lots and lots of water.

Very easy to follow with the only steep grades as you approach each summit (but not over extended distances). 360 degree views that aren’t exactly breathtaking but still very pretty. No crowds when I went. Good workout.

Fun easy trail with two summits that can make for a quick and leg burning workout

I really enjoyed this hike and would recommend it to others too! Saw lots of pretty birds, lizards and jack rabbits along the way. Definitely going to visit again soon :) Happy hiking!!

Great trail- easy if you want some good distance without too much elevation gain. Not too crowded. Mostly hikers a few mountain bikers. Really pretty wildflowers were awesome

Pretty easy hike doing the switch back helped add some incline to it ... saw 3 rattle snakes so keep your eyes open !

Low traffic trails. Great for hiking, mnt biking and trail running. Wild flowers are amazing right now.

recorded Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits

Amazing for wildflowers right now. Took just over 2 hours to finish. Hot but great trail. No shade.

The wild flowers on this hike are incredible. The desert lupine is all over the hills and the brittlebush with its yellow flowers pops out along the whole trail. There are a few areas where the Mexican poppies are in bloom as well as several other flowers I don't know. I was amazed at how many were blooming - every turn offered new views. The owl was nesting and I got to see it both on my way in and on my way out. I also saw a javelina trot across the trail in front of me. It was a great morning. The trail does have quite a few loose rocks and I found myself twisting and turning my ankle a few times, which normally doesn't happen. That said, the trail is nicely maintained and clearly marked throughout - even both the summits. I did it mid-morning on a Monday and only ran into a handful of other hikers and two bikers.

I love this trail, perfect day!!! Beautiful flowers!!

Beautiful hike! My favorite in the area. Clearly marked and beautiful scenery.

Great trail that offers incline on the peaks but then easy walking along the loop. Lightly trafficked, clearly marked, a well kept trail altogether.

Excellent trail. Not too many people or cyclists. Terrain changes along the way which keeps it interesting. Lovely owl nest to welcome you at the beginning of the train. All in all, I will add this to my hiking list.

If you're a 51 yr old, 6'2" male, weighing in at 230 and have done zero cardio in a couple years be prepared to hate life. Was really great hike and I am definitely feeling the pain. I feel great tho and I also hit the summit trail on the way. definitely a workout for the outta shape guy like myself.

Went counter-clockwise at 11:00 after the sun was out in January. Short sleeve shirt and pants and that was a bit warm. Lots of Cholla forests. Felt like a prairie in the desert. Okayish views of the town's here. Two peaks. Did the western peak and not the eastern. Could have done both. Nice ups and downs.

Nice, easy hike to start the day around 7am and finished around 9am. Enjoyed the quiet solitude and peaceful sunrise.

Nice trail. Quite rocky with several areas of fairly steep climbing. We did it counter clockwise which is a little less steep. Our first hike with the app. Worked great. Even gave us a warning we had veered off the trail.

It’s well marked. I went at 6am and brought a flashlight but the trail was so well defined I didn’t need it. I literally only saw one person. This is a great gem if it’s always pretty slow. There aren’t any bikers because of the elevation which always makes a trail more enjoyable to me(not throwing shade at bikers but the ones I’ve come across don’t give you any warning that they are behind you)