Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits

Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail!

This is one of my favorite hikes. The trail is well defined and signaled, no risk of getting lost. Currently, the mountains are covered with desert flowers due to the large amounts of rain received this winter. This is a great hike for dogs of all sizes. I have a small 10 lb poodle mix, and she can do the whole thing, no problem. The Dixie Summit trail is a must! It's got great incline but is not super lengthy. The view at the top is absolutely worth it.

This trail is one that I'm not afraid to do by myself. At times, i can get intimated of hiking anything over 4 miles on my own as I have a fear of critters. This one, I can do no problem so I recommend it for those hiking alone. I did see a rattlesnake yesterday. This winter, i hiked listening to music a lot but will not be doing that moving forward. The snake had been rattling and I didn't hear, by the time I saw it, it was already by my feet. So please be careful out there.

Highly recommend this hike! Wear a good pair of hiking boots, I've slipped a few times because of all the small loose rocks. Sunscreen and lots of water are a must.

Was one of my favorite trails when I lived in the valley. It is labeled as hard, but that I think that would really only apply to the beginning ascent and if you add the Hawk's? nest short but steep side trail. The rest of it does not have many steep climbs. I did stop taking my dog, because she was constantly getting stickers in her paws. A hint, if you are going to do this around the summer and are not simpatico with the heat, do it early in the morning and veer east to start the loop. The eastern sun is not that harsh at first light, and you will be shaded on the west side of the mountain by the time the heat starts to really pick up.

The loop trail is a nice mix of low and mid grade terrain that make for a great paced workout, whether on foot or on bike. The scenery helps the time slip by effortlessly. We also included the 2 summits. These were the "hard" part of the trail, but very worth the hike to the top. We are putting this trail in our monthly rotataion.

This is my new favorite in-town hike. I arrived around 8 am and had the trail mostly all to myself. It is long enough with enough elevation gain to give you a good workout, and the trails to the summits are well marked. The views from the top of both summits were incredible.

nice desert hike, enough elevation change for a decent workout, we carry our backpacks loaded getting in shape for longer treks.

Good trail. The loop itself is about 3.85 miles, nice and not to hard. The 2 summits are about .5 up each, these guys get your heart rate going. Not overly crowded, well maintained trail and trail head.

My go to hike-living by Tramanto. From parking to the summit...about 50 minutes. Take D trail to DS then back