Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits

Dixie Mountain Loop with Two Summits is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good workout

Lovely hike. Great views. Not too technical, but distance & summits make it well balanced. Looking forward to putting this in the weekly mix! Free & beautiful park! Feels secluded! Solid nice restrooms!! Fresh filtered water at trailhead! Pet friendly!

Great easy trail to hike, spent a few hours doing the 5 mile loop. watch out for the Cholla cactus, they sneek up on you! Pay attention to the signs. Great views and some wild life.

Moderate to easy, certainly not difficult

Hiked the trail two days ago in a little over three hours. Gorgeous trails, nice workout with the addition of the summits. Very nice.

I love this trail!

This is one of my favorite hikes. The trail is well defined and signaled, no risk of getting lost. Currently, the mountains are covered with desert flowers due to the large amounts of rain received this winter. This is a great hike for dogs of all sizes. I have a small 10 lb poodle mix, and she can do the whole thing, no problem. The Dixie Summit trail is a must! It's got great incline but is not super lengthy. The view at the top is absolutely worth it.

This trail is one that I'm not afraid to do by myself. At times, i can get intimated of hiking anything over 4 miles on my own as I have a fear of critters. This one, I can do no problem so I recommend it for those hiking alone. I did see a rattlesnake yesterday. This winter, i hiked listening to music a lot but will not be doing that moving forward. The snake had been rattling and I didn't hear, by the time I saw it, it was already by my feet. So please be careful out there.

Highly recommend this hike! Wear a good pair of hiking boots, I've slipped a few times because of all the small loose rocks. Sunscreen and lots of water are a must.