Dixie Mountain Loop Trail

Dixie Mountain Loop Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The main loop trail at Phoenix's Sonoran Preserve provides plenty of options for either a short walk or a longer hike. The elevation gain is accumulated through small ups-and-downs along the trail. Look for the Teddy Bear Cholla forest between mile posts 2.6 and 2.75. The Sonoran Preserve is located in the transition zone to the Arizona Upland, which has higher amounts of rainfall than other Phoenix area hikes, increasing both the lushness and diversity of plant life.

Another one of those routes that makes it hard to believe you're hiking in an urban metropolis. I agree with previous comment; this is not an "easy" hike. There's 600 feet of ascent/descent. Well worth the effort.

Hiked the trail today with my wife and we found it to be a bit harder then the easy rating that we expected. The trail begins and ends with a large climb. It took us 2 hours from the parking lot and back. A great workout for us 60 year olds....would definitely do it again.

Great hike. Beautiful view.

Nice easy loop trail, so easy, you can montain bike it, I saw several people doing it. Might come back and maybe run the bike through it.

We really enjoyed this trail, but it probably should be labeled moderate. The gain listed does not really capture the up and down elevation change of the hike.

I hiked this loop again yesterday with my 4 young boys ages 9,7,4 and 2 yrs. they did it no problem and had a blast!