Devil's Playground Loop

Devil's Playground Loop is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Goodwater, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Devil's Playground. Loop into wilderness area. Need to get wilderness pass from North visitor center, then drive out of the park, west on I40, to the first exit.

We took this hike the first week in April which was good because it wasn’t too hot yet. A sandy barren hike until you get to the Devils Playground. Very beautiful, different and quiet. So glad we had our gps for much of the hike. We did it on a Wednesday which made it easier to get the permit than on a Saturday.

I can’t recommend this trail highly enough. It is remote and somewhat poorly marked, but also well within cell service for real-time GPS map updates if/when you need them.The rocks and petrified wood are gorgeous (see my photos). I’m shocked that a place like this doesn’t have more enthusiastic reviews. In some ways, I hate to give up such a gem, but I also hope to see more people visiting and reviewing this great trail!

There are only three permits every week but we got it! The scenery of badland is amazing, but I don't recommend you to go there alone, as you will not meet other persons in this area except a devil~

Tuesday, March 14, 2017