Desert Parks and Gateway Loop

Desert Parks and Gateway Loop is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Extremely Rocky, I would rate this moderate rather then easy.

Nice loop! I had it at 7.2M complete. Get there early!!! Very busy trailhead. I started at 6:45 and on way back, was very busy and noisy. I also suggest, go right on gateway first and then finish on desert trail. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

nice trail, partly through a very nice neighborhood.

Monday, January 15, 2018

This was a pretty tough hike. Just when you think you can’t go higher, you turn a bend and your ascending again. I didn’t make it the whole way around. We turned back about 2 miles in. Great workout, though. Maybe I’ll tackle this again!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Nice pace hiking, you can run and power walk. I will come back...

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Decent alternative loop hike to gateway loop. Although you spend a decent part of the hike on gateway.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

First off this is not an "easy" mtb ride. The trail is very rocky and includes a significant amount of steady climbing. Great intermediate loop!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Great new trail in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. I would call this an alternate to the more popular Gateway Loop trail, although you take the Gateway for part of this hike. Once you get to the turn off for the Gateway saddle, continue on to the Windgate Pass Trail. You hike through the beautiful canyon as the views get better with elevation. At the next fork in the road, you can either continue on to the Windgate Pass or turn left for the Desert Park trail. I took the Desert Park as it gently descends down the valley. There are some nice houses in the distance and a golf course nearby. The last part of the hike had me going through washes with beautiful, lush vegetation. This trail is very quiet and I like it because the scenery changes quite a bit. I would definitely come back again!

Sunday, March 25, 2018