Learn more

Deem Hills Circumference Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(579)
Deem Hills Recreation Area

Deem Hills Circumference Trail is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 784 feet Route Type: Loop

I would definitely wait to do this in April. The flowers are blooming at that time. At this time it is getting hot and most flowers have burnt away. But hey it's the desert. There are lots of little lizards sunning themselves. I did go off trail by mistake. this app told me immediately that I wasnt going in a direction according to my plan. Sometimes the signs are ambiguous to me. Oherwise I will say the trails are well marked in this area. I only brought 2liters of water and gatorade. Even with starting at 6am, it gets hot quickly! I ran out of water just before i got to the parking lot. bring minimum 3 liters! I usually start my summer hikes at 5am. I got a late start which caused me to be out in the rising heat more than I wanted.

Good trail that is easy and you can take your time with out any restraint.

We obviously weren’t able to complete the whole trail due to time restraints, but what we were able to accomplish was awesome! Trail was well marked, good mix of inclines & declines (ie not all steep / uphill). Can’t wait to come back and do more

Did Deem Hills today. Comfy little trail off of Happy Valley. Not terribly challenging, but still pretty. Parallels the Central Arizona Project canal for a distance. Lots of flowering cacti today. Just about 3 miles on Trail C. Not bad and easy to get to.

Nice 5.6 miles hike.

One half of the Circumference trail. Heavy traffic, parts very rocky, otherwise pleasant.

recorded Deem Hills Circumference Trail

Very pretty morning hike with lots of cool volcanic rocks and wildflowers. There are a few different options for making this a shorter hike, too. I would rate this in the easy side of moderate. Nice trail to take dogs on, too

awesome trail! definitely coming back! I want to hike it starting from where we came out from. we started off near the soccer field and went around ending at the dog park.

Great hike today with flowers in bloom, and lots of green in the hills. Wear shoes with thick soles as certain areas are rocky. There are several routes to choose from depending on your desired distance. Trail was well marked throughout.

Many times the marks for the trail were confusing or misleading and we had to rely on this app. Needs maintenance some trail markers were ripped off. Other than that, beautiful trail! Got chased by some coyotes though so be careful!

I started the circumference trail from the east parking lot. FYI there’s limited parking paces on the east side. If you park where the park is there’s plenty of parking and a bathroom if needed. I like the views and it was a nice hike in distance!

Mostly looking at houses so just okay views but not crowded and nice path

Good trail, lots of loose rock. I enjoyed it but, my wife didn't care for the amount of rocks.