Deem Hills Circumference Trail

Deem Hills Circumference Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

LOVED this trail. Wasn't too hard, beautiful scenery. Saw a lot of lizards which was cool. Loved how it was free and no admission. Definitely going back.

Great hike and usually less crowded than the surrounding trails. However, in the last week I have come across two snakes. One of them being a rattlesnake that was right off the trail, and luckily was there to stop a jogger with her dog coming from the opposite way. Just be alert with this trail, especially people with children and dogs.

I enjoyed the hike. Had a big boar cross in front of us. Glad he kept moving.

It's very nice trail.

Wonderful views, no crowds, easy climbs.

Good trail with nice views.

i'm a beginner, with a height fear, and i'm about 35lbs overweight, we did trail (C) which was 6.1 miles total. it was a bit rough, but only because I'm out of shape. I loved the scenery and the trail wasn't to difficult. id do it again.

I’m new to the area and find all of trails through AllTrails and have completed several moderates. We did the Deem Hill Circumference Trail .yesterday , not the Ridgeline Trail. It was a short 5.6 mile easy/moderate trail with variety inasmuch as inclines, flats and easy descents. Many areas are rocky which I love while others are mainly dirt. Inclinesarent difficult but enough to keel me happy. The scenery is great in the distance, the hike itself has been a favorite, getting in a good hike is what I needed post raging trochanteric bursitis and steroids , I’d love to run it at some point, it really is a great trail to run or hike. Favorited

For the last 5 years, I use this for exercise only. Run it couple times a week, along with other city trails. Folks should know it can get steep if you're new at this. The 5K over the saddle is good quick little run also. Big family spot, with the park there.

This is a review of this trail only (and not Deem Hills Ridgeline). This trail is good if you're trying to add length, but it puts you off of the actual mountain for at least a mile and a half, which makes it a real dull walk for that span. I recommend the circumference to ridgeline. Great trail!

We run this trail often. It has the right amount of hills, flat and down hill sections to get a nice run in. It has bathrooms and drinking fountains at the main parking lot. At mile 3 there is a Ramamda and it has a drinking fountain too. Nice trail.

It was the first cool weekend of autumn and the hikers were out in force. It was difficult to find a parking space in the west parking lot. I decided to start going north and instead of taking the Circumference Trail the entire way, I branched off to the Basalt trail to Palisades and back to Circumference Trail for a total of 5.7 miles. Steady incline and very rocky in places, so a good workout. Scenic views were average and I felt that the Basalt trail had the best views.

Love it!

One of my favorite scenic trails. It’s about 2 hours and a good steady hike and it’s quiet.

This is a great trail for beginners.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

A great and well marked trail that took us about 2.5 hours to complete with a few breaks to hydrate. We started at the park trail head (West) at 6 am. A lot of beautiful desert scenery on this moderate-easy trail including a view of I-17 and the CAP canal.

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Great trail for horses!

Monday, April 02, 2018

Good day hike. Gets hot mid day.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Loved this hike! So many different types of scenery. Nice that there was water about half way through to refill our bottles.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Love doing this hike before work and see the sun rise from the top! Easy up but don’t think it’s well marked.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

This is one of my regular hikes. There are crowds on the weekend, but during the week if I have a chance I love this trail. It is well maintained and a good workout. It's also great for trail running. Bring your dog, but keep an eye out for chuckwallas, and snakes.

Friday, March 09, 2018

Got smoked on this trail! SUCH a good workout no matter which trail you take. I’ve mixed it up quite a bit and have gotten really warped! Good times. Be sure to bring a snack or two if you plan on staying for the longer hikes. I definitely got hungry and was desperate for energy.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Nice long hike. Feels like you’re further out in the wilderness than you actually are. We did see a very large Coyote. But we just hung back until he moved on.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

I'm still exploring, but this is my favorite trail to run in the area so far. Great distance, good elevation, plenty of small trails to add on, and beautiful scenery.

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Took us about 2 hours to finish this at a more fast pace with short stops. Started 7:15am, ended 9:35am. I brought snacks but I feel I could have just left them in the car. Of course, water is always needed. Saw maybe 5 people there but looked to get more busy around 9am. I'll most likely come back when I need a quick trail to do close by.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Great trails.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Been wanting to try this trail for awhile. Very limited parking at trail head, but not an issue at 8:45 am this Tuesday. I didn't experience any challenges until at least the halfway point when the inclines became more frequent. I'd classify my hiking ability at about intermediate but at a casual pace, so for me, being somewhat out of shape, I found I needed to take short breaks after some of the climbs. Decent workout but personally I found the trail itself and the views quite boring.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Really nice hike with the doggo on a Sunday afternoon.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Broke my ankle there but was a nice trip till that point