Deadman's Pass Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 265 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Nice out and back that connects to Long Canyon and Mescal Trails.

Deadman hike to a wash that leads to a slick rock amphitheater.

Enjoyed hiking this as a second day hike. I'll be coming back to ride it on my mtn bike.

Very nice trail. I went with my 10 year old daughter. Nice for kids. Beautiful views. Still open, lot of trails were closed.

Very pretty 360 views for such a short and easy hike. Good for anyone - trail isn’t ever steep, it’s wide and marked well. Also good to note this trail is still OPEN :) (many are not, due to covid)

Good trail for biking. I'm definitely not a biker so I had to stop and walk when it got too rocky, but overall was a good trail to ride.

I came back via the Mezcal trail, it was way more fun

Good in and out walk in muddy conditions. Great views of the mountains on the left. Took a left turn and did the wilderness trail rather than Long Canyon. The Wilderness trail was beautiful no to dissimilar to West Fork. Light rain on the way back made for a serene and muddy return.

Perfect route to reach other trails, and decent shade in the morning. Great views throughout!

We’d shied away from this trail basically because we had heard how easy it is. And it’s not difficult. We did it counter clockwise as a loop from Boynton trailhead. It’s a moderate uphill with some switchbacks then opens up to the most beautiful panoramic views. You can see courthouse butte, cathedral rock, and so much more. It may be the best view in Sedona. We then walked along Mescal on the slip rock. We did have to share the trail with mountain bikers. The back half of the trail, which we made a loop with Yucca and Deadman’s, is not as scenic. You are walking on a sandy trail through the low woods much of the way. So while it was not a challenging hike, the views made it all worthwhile.

Route to earth ship dome maiden voyage

I'd recommend going very early on this hike and pick different trail connections. The length of the trail was great, but we crossed roads and walked through other parking lots 3 times. The route easily links up to other trails that could be used to mostly avoid other roads and parking lots. Devil's bridge is beautiful! Be prepared to meet a ton of people and wait in line to get photos of the view and/or your party. We went on New Year's day, so I'm sure it was extra obnoxious compared to the norm. Go early and you might end up with the place to yourself. The views throughout the hike were beautiful. The Mescal trail was much more scenic than the Boynton Canyon linkup

Great hike. Took our time, lots of pictures and stopped for snacks. We are from Florida and enjoy this beautiful terrain

Great hike. There are hikers and mountain bikers. The trail has a lot of beautiful views. It connects with several trails.

Easy hike from Seven Canyons golf club.

Wed Apr 10 2019

This trail was the final segment of the Mescal Mountain loop trail, and the views were just incredible! It was pretty much all downhill since we did the loop counter clockwise. Would do again!

Thu Nov 08 2018

definitely easy with good light on the buttes at sunrise

Wed Oct 10 2018

Great easy hike through varied eco systems Few people

Thu Jul 26 2018

Went early 6am had the trail to ourselves. It was mostly flat, very easy hike. Beautiful views throughout. Trail dead ends with a view of a golf course and beautiful homes - not so natural but hey! Trail would be great for kids and dogs.

Sun Apr 22 2018

Nice easy hike. Took this trail as a part of a loop including Long Canyon and Mescal.

Fri Apr 13 2018

Easy peaceful trail.

Thu Nov 09 2017

Boring trail, and I️ could see houses close by.

Mon Feb 15 2016

Not a very exciting trail and there was a lot of people on bikes

Tue Oct 27 2015

This trail was boring for me. Busy and next to houses the first half.

Tue Nov 11 2014

We started off this hike intending to do the Long Canyon Trail. However after a short distance I realized I had done Long Canyon last year. When we reached the intersection with the Deadman Pass trail we decided to take it and do something new. I really liked this trail and would give it at least 3 Stars. It was not difficult and it did have some mountain bikers and dog walkers but not to many. I also mountain bike so the trail interested me from that perspective and it was fun to watch the bikers navigate the steps and rocky pitches, both on the downhill and uphill portions. The dogs were all very friendly and provided a chance to have a conversation with their masters. In fact everyone we met was really nice and there presence enhanced the walk. For those who mountain bike this would be a great and challenging ride. Next Year on my Sedona Vacation I will certainly bring my bike and give this one a try. When we reached the end of the trail or rather the intersection with the Mescal Trail we decided to take the Mescal and do a loop back to the trail head. The Mescal was something else and I would give it a 5 Star just for the thrill it gives. If you what more on the Mescal pick up my review of it under that trail name.

Fri Feb 22 2013

This was a very busy trail. Lots of Mountain Bikes and people walking dogs. Very cool, a person was playing the flute high on a peak so we were serenaded as it echoed down. A local suggested we veer off onto the Mescal trail and I'm very happy we did as it took us off the "beaten" path.