Cypress Trail to Boulders Trail Loop

Cypress Trail to Boulders Trail Loop is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Payson, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A short little downhill single track trail right outside of town. Fairly easy but loose sand might get a little sketchy.

Good hike if you are in the area. Trail is well marked and not crowded. Went in a Sunday saw 4 hikers and 2 bikers no atvs.

I would come back and hike this trail for sure. However, I would not bike this loop again. Bikers- if you are a very experienced rider (better than intermediete)and have a full-suspension bike with big tires, go for it. If not, I would urge you to hike vs. bike.

I brought my hard-tail out and ended up hiking more than biking. Deep and soft washes and very technical climbs and descents. There are a few really fun parts on the bike, but I would much rather have enjoyed the hike.

Beautiful! Great experience! Nice range of uphill and downhill, trees and awesome boulders; gorgeous scenery! When the sun went down, songs of crickets and cicadas accompanied us. I’d love to do this again, going the other direction around the loop for another perspective; stay longer and perhaps enjoy a picnic on a boulder. Mid-to-late October and the temperatures were very hospitable.

This trail is just a short distance off Granite Dells. Loved the trail and sights. Very quite and light traffic.

We enjoyed this trail quite a bit. The first 1/3 is relatively flat as it descends into a rocky wash. Then there are are some large boulders to navigate. We took our 7 y.o. JRT trail dog with us, who had to be carried over the boulders (small legs), but otherwise not too demanding on her.

All in all, lightly trafficked, and sparsely marked in areas. Otherwise, great scenery.

Trails weren't well-marked in this area so bring a map! Beautiful are though.

This trail has been destroyed by dirt bikers who have churned the trail to sand in many places. It was sad to see. Some steep sections are very eroded and difficult to walk. The Forest Service should close this trail to motorized use and rehabilitate the area. The trail is hard to find at times and the PATS signs are few and far between in the beginning.

geocaching

this trail was awesome. A geocaching group came up here as an event and hiked it. the views and some of the boulders. speechless. how I love AZ.

Took a friend from the East Coast and my two dogs, a Golden Retriever and a Border Collie mix on a Wednesday. We saw one couple bringing their dogs out when we got there at noonish, and didn't see another soul on the whole trail. Trail is clean, well maintained, and hosts some beautiful views. Don't let some of the lackluster photos of this trail fool you--its lovely.

these trails shown have a name posted with trail markers. the loop shown is a total of three trails. Cypress trail, boulders loop north, boulders south. has loose granite on boulders north. boulders south has a steep hill. Cypress is the mile going to the loop very flat with good speed for bikes.

This is definitely an easy hike and the trail signs keep you going in the right direction. It was a great hike with my wife and dogs. Follow the ribbons and arrows.