Courthouse Butte Loop Trail

Courthouse Butte Loop Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

South Trailhead: Bell Rock Vista and Pathway trailhead (South of Bell Rock): from the junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona, take 179 south 6.5 miles to a left turn lane marked for Bell Rock Vista, milepost 307.1 for the south trailhead. North Trailhead: Courthouse Vista Trailhead (north of Bell Rock): From the junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona, take 179 south 5.2 miles to a left turn lane marked for Courthouse Vista, milepost 308.2. Turn left, then across the northbound lane to the trailhead on the east side of the road.

Come early to avoid getting shut out due to lack of parking! There is a fee machine, so no need to wait until it opens. Several trails originate at the same spot, so the lot fills up quickly. Very little shade, so going early in the day is key. Fortunately it's not too difficult, which is a good thing because the views are so spectacular that it's hard to focus on where you're walking! I don't think I would ever tire of this trail. The views are jaw dropping at every turn.

Pure beauty. I recommend going at sunrise to take in the fresh am viibes and beat the crowds, I imagine it gets pretty busy during the day.

We really liked the dry water beds and the variety of shade and open air. We are old so it kicked our ass a bit and we don't understand why because 4 miles isn't that big of a deal. We has confused.

I felt the Trail was too easy. However the views were worth it.

A nice combination of shade, open terrain, slick rock, dried stream beds and incredible views. We did the trail in a counter clockwise direction which I believe offers the best views.

EASY trail. A beautiful walk/hike that allows you to take in the red rock scenery

Puts the Awe in awesome! After parking, begin with the Bell Rock Pathway. This connects with Courthouse Butte Trail. Many thanks to the biker who told us (when looping clockwise), keep Courthouse Butte to your right shoulder. It was beautiful.