Country Club Trail

Country Club Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from May until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Lakeside: Drive south on State Highway 260 towards McNary. Turn left on Bucksprings Road. Drive 0.6 miles. Turn left on Forest Road 182 (road to Sky Hi Retreat). Drive 2 miles. You will pass the Springs Trailhead on the left. Where Forest Road 182 veers to the left, proceed straight on to Forest Road 185 (past Sierra Springs Ranch entrance). Trailhead is on the right 100 yards down Forest Road 185.

Fairly flat trail. Added Pat Mullen peak to the trail for more difficulty. Pat Mullen trail has nice sloping switchback grades. Overall, very nice. Can definitely bring the kids, if they can do a 3.5 mile loop. Best view on Pat Mullen is about half way up. Follow the White trail markers to stay on the trail. This trail winds in and out of other trails.

Lovely sunny morning loop, pretty easy. But SO MANY MOSQUITOS right now. We were prepared with bug spray, but still they swarmed our heads. Having a light hooded jacket helped.

Nice fairly flat, well marked trail. Saw mountain bikers, other walkers and 2 gals on horses. We added the Pat Mullen trail for some steepness. Disappointed at the top-thought the view would be better. But will do it again.

Fun easy hike. Highly recommend hitting the Pat Mullen Mountain to add some more fun. It’s .5 mile one side (a little steep; beautiful) while you are covering the country club loop.

Nice little hike through the woods. My favorite part was looking out into the beautiful meadow about 2/3 of the way.

It was a nice hike. there's a few connector trails that almost makes you feel lost.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

I'm kind of a beginner mountain biker and I didn't think that this trail was all single track I've ridden it on my horse and maybe we took some connector trails remember some more gravel roads .this was all single track but it wasn't undoable for a beginner I did walk in a few places where there was lots of rocks but I was able to ride over a few it was a really well Marked Trail and I really enjoyed it and I would definitely do it again

Saturday, August 05, 2017

nice hike for a stroll. hoping for a few vistas. found a ton of unique mushrooms and the forest sounds were amazing. not fun 4 a 4 year old. ended up coming home early.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

easy well marked.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Dragged the family and a city dog for the experience which meant our pace was a bit slower than normal....but even with that we banged it out in about 75 mins. Did it in reverse and didn't encounter any major mud/puddle issues until we got to about C4 thru C2. Didn't know about the elevation change...and since we were going from C6 to C5.... it was a bit of an uphill climb for novices. You can avoid by making it a downhill climb doing it in # order as it doesn't appear there is any other dramatically elevation point. Enjoyed the loop...right on my backyard

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Kind of a boring hike. crossed the dirt road too many times. Do the Spring Trail, it is close by and much more scenic.

Friday, May 19, 2017

One of the best hikes in the area (next to Mt. Baldy of course). Take the extra time to do the summit. Great views of Mt. Baldy.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Controlled burn - charred land and trees biut still very nice hike and perfect 3 miles. Tall trees and good shade.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Great hike. Well-marked, mileage completely accurate. Definitely take the 1-mile roundtrip up to Pat Mullen "mountain" view point. Not a great view, but adds a mile and gets the heart pumping.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Considering we did this the day after it snowed, it was more challenging. the trail was slushy and muddy so it was hard to follow. Very cool to be within the ponderosa though. We are visiting from California and staying at a resort down the road. It was a nice day

Monday, September 12, 2016

Great trail! Easy going

Monday, August 08, 2016

Easy walk through woods and meadows. Optional half mile climb is also easy. Super nice if you're looking for a simple hike.

Friday, April 29, 2016

This is an easy trail. The portion from the trail head to the Chipmunk Springs connector trail is quite level and not very rocky at all; a trail runner's dream. There is a climb up to the saddle where the Pat Mullen viewpoint trail takes off, but even that climb is pretty gentle if a bit more rocky.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

This trail was easy enough to hike early on, but more difficult when taking the turn-off to the vista. The "huff n puff" portion was quite steep. I huffed and puffed A LOT! Once at the top, the views were disappointing -- too many trees to get a real appreciation of the view. I got better views peeking through the trees while hiking up the trail. I enjoyed the boulder formations and ominous-looking snag trunks along the way. This trail was very well traveled by hikers and bikers alike when I was there. Overall, I liked it.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Very fun trail. Great for beginner mountain biker short enough to work on skills. The bad thing is you have to stop several times for gates.

Friday, July 17, 2015