Constellation Loop

Constellation Loop is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Granite Dells, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

This is a hike in Prescott's Constellation Park. If you do it after some monsoon rains you will be rewarded with some lush riparian vegetation as well as some chaparral and many rocky granite outcroppings.

Did this trail by myself and I’m not generally a solo hiker, although the views made it worth my while. I did the trail in 58 minutes, about 2.1 miles in the outer loops. There are a lot of areas you can just stop, listen, and take the beauty in. Nature really heals the mind, body and soul. Next time I will be doing the inner connecting trails.

Did the whole outer loop this morning, clocked in at 1.9 miles. The trail branches out into a few inner trails that connect to the outer loop, I'll have to try those next time. Great hike and awesome views.

Its a great technical short ride. you can ride all trails in 1.5 hours. Lots of black & blue runs. you can always walk your bike over the real techical areas if you dont ride them.

cool trail

I love this trail, there are so many variations of it, every hike is different. After the rains.lots of pools with tadpoles. great way to spend a hour or two. people you meet are always friendly.

Lots of debris during monsoon season so it made it difficult to navigate paths and markers.

nice and easy hike, safe to trail run alone as it is close to civilization. If you go to the left when you start you will enjoy a lot of shade towards the end!

We had 3 kids all under the age of 5 and they love it! Great views and the trails are well marked.

Really enjoyed this trail. Not too hard but just right for a beginner. Great views.

Constellation Trail proved worthy of the early-morning outing. Cacti displayed their blooms all around.

Loved the trail. Beautiful views as well as some wild life. I am a beginner at hiking. While there were some tricky spots for me, I didn’t feel it was beyond my capabilities. The trail markers were easy to follow. It was nice that at junctions,the trail had this is were you are markers on the trail sign. It was nice to check my progress in comparison to the whole trail.

Enjoyed the beautiful scenery! Really enjoyed the friendliness of the other hikers.

Beautiful views around every corner. The folks here are amazingly nice. Everyone that walks by says hello. The trails are wide enough so you don’t need to be too concerned about snakes or wildlife. Photo opportunities around every turn. Enjoy this walk it is really worth it!

Nice trail, well kept easy to follow markers. I will be hiking this trail more often.

It was quicker than I expected, only took an hour, should be rated as "easy" rather than "moderate". nice views and beautiful weather made this a nice outing.

Nice hike through granite rocks!

Moderate trail. Could make it harder. Incredible scenery. Varied terrain

My family loved this hike! Great views and our daughter loved the terrain!

kinda short, but love it

12/9/17: we did a 2 mile hike along North 40 trsil to Hole in The Wall trail to PMBA trail. about 2 miles and 1 hour. Very easy trail. not much to see but perhaps the full trail and the 260' elevation gain would be different.

I've hiked the trail a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The views are great, especially at the top of the loop. It's my favorite type of hike: uphill for the first part, downhill for the last.

A very nice short but challenging perimeter trail. A good urban trail. Enough variety to keep it interesting.

Great interesting trail. Completed with my 9 year old. Many variations to this trail to fit everyone's needs. Beautiful views. The only thing missing is some water.

Beautiful!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Great trails and views. Would rate them as easy with maybe a couple of moderate spots toward the back end where you climb up to the top. Great views of the surrounding area and pretty rock formations.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Very fun little trail. Beautiful rock formations, running water in almost all ravines. Ran into a nice big rattle snake on most southern "Rock Wall Trail". He warned us of his presence within reason. We warned a trail runner of the snake so he unplugged one ear from his music.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great trail system loop. Can't go wrong- it's all looped together. Amazing views of unique boulders. Good mix of easy and moderate hikes. Free parking. Close to town.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

fun trail for the family

Monday, May 29, 2017

First trail here in Arizona. It was lovely views and the middle point