Coach Whip, Ridgeline and Sunrise Loop

Coach Whip, Ridgeline and Sunrise Loop is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glendale, Arizona that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There are a number of "spur trails" that connect the various main trails. Although the trails are described as "Out and Back" or "One-Way" and the distances show that scenario, most people that use this trail network take a combination of trails that form an overall loop. Overall, there are a total of over 20 miles of trails in the network through the Hedgpeth Hills. Please pick up after your pets. For more info visit: https://www.glendaleaz.com/parksandrecreation/thunderbirdpark.cfm

Been hiking this one for years, and it never gets old. The peak view is decent, but it’s the fun terrain of the trail that keeps bringing me back.

Enjoyed the Sunrise trail on a mid day hike.
It was a 1.8 mile hike roundtrip and is easy to moderate.
It took us about an hour including stops at the top for photos.

This was my second hike of the day and took me only about 40 mins going clockwise. Loved this as a quick workout. Parts were super rocky but overall a nice hike. Looooots of people on this one!

Relaxed hike with a nice sunset view at the peak. Some of the hikers didn’t even have water. It’s that easy.

This is my go-to, no-brainer trail. Very clearly marked and moderately trafficked, you can do just one of the trails or combine a few for a longer hike. Definitely do this one routinely

My husband and I totally enjoyed this heavily populated trail. Definitely glad we brought our hiking poles. Lots of loose rock. Some moderately challenging climbing but also lots of easy walking. Great vistas at the top. The 2.2 mile loop took us 1 hr 40 min., but we stopped a lot for pics and talking to a few other hikers. Very friendly! I did something wrong with the app, so it only recorded the second half of our loop, but we really did do it all. Excited to go back, as it's a quick 15 min drive from Anthem where we live. We'll be coming here often.

It is a good morning hike

going clockwise provides a moderate uphill start and a fairly easy finish. my wife and I are new to AZ hiking and are both over 70 so this is a good way to start. Lots of hikers on a beautiful Sunday.

Great trails. Perfect for families

I'm not sure how mountain bikers or runners manage to get through this trail with all the broken rocks but as a casual hiker, I was happy to ascent, get my heart racing, my shoes bending and my mouth soaking. I am happy to have found a close by moderate loop to enjoy. There weren't too many people out and the views were great. So many nearby mountains and a generous 360 reward depending on where you find yourself on the mountain!

Loose rocks

good early morning hike.

Awesome, relaxing, great time with the pup!

pretty rocky trails but not a bad way to spend Sunday morning

Friday, February 24, 2017

My favorite trail at Thunderbird Park

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Great views and fairly easy for every skill level.

Monday, February 06, 2017

good for everyone!

Saturday, February 04, 2017

This is a great trail for families, or people of varied skill levels

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Nice view at the top, however not a spectacular hike to get there.