Circumference Trail to Ridgeline Trail Loop

Circumference Trail to Ridgeline Trail Loop is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 597 feet Route Type: Loop

The main park entrance is in the Stetson Hills community near 51st Ave and Happy Valley Rd. The trail itself is nice and well cut through the desert but be aware that it can still be pretty loose in places. For an average hiker it's a very nice hike but for a beginner there are inclines that might seem a bit tough in places, especially if you head up to the summit using the Ridgeline Trail. The summit has nice overlooks where you can take some pictures and is challenging enough to be worth the effort.

Great trail with what I consider gradual inclines rather than hiking straight up. Nice views all around. Saw a large horned lizard, at least I think he was horny.

Great moderately easy hike. Rocky but doable. Nice Mountain View’s along the way.

A mix of flat double-track, and technical signal track. Some off-leash dogs and owners who can’t read leash law signs. Overall, worth the trip.

Decent hike-great views at the saddle. I'd say 3/4 of the trail is good and the rest is somewhat boring, but it was worth the trip. There are ups and downs, mostly stable ground, but a couple of areas where there is loose rock. There was a pretty active bee hive in a cluster of boulders a little ways after the saddle and lots of lizards and birds. Shade is sparse-not a good hike for dogs, imo, unless the dogs are super athletic and built for hiking. It took us about 2 hours, but I stop to take pics a lot., so it probably could be done faster by most hikers, as several people passed us.

Loved this trail. Started counter clockwise to the circumference trail, then to Ridgeline, which meets back up to circumference. Nice steady incline but a good workout. Slow decent down and then flat most of the way. Clocked in at about 4.5 miles, longer than listed and took me about 2 hours with breaks. To shorten, I'd probably take Ridgeline back down after peaking, vs going all away around the mountain. Usually hike Thunderbird but will be doing this one more often due to better scenery.

Really happy to be back in the saddle for hike season 2k19. Deem Hills is a gorgeous preserve. It's far more lush than the surrounding mountains and trails in Phoenix. In terms of difficulty, I'd call it moderate, but an easier moderate? The Ridgeline trail felt a little longer than I expected, but it drops you off back on the circumference trail after the 1.5 miles. I wish I had done the entire circumference trail, and hadn't cut through by taking ridgeline. All in all, a real sight to behold, and one I can't wait to return to.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Great mtn biking trail, not that much switch backs but very rocky in some areas. Take lots of water. Didn’t run into any snakes which is good. Hardly any hikers.

Friday, May 04, 2018

great trail to hike for all levels and also a challenging one for biking

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Nice hike

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Well maintained, fairly easy trail with beautiful views, however the absence of the flag at the summit was the biggest let down!

Thursday, March 08, 2018

Super cool. Probably the most beautiful trail I’ve been on North of Phoenix so far. It’s rugged, the terrain changes from beige, soft sand to red dirt and black rocks, to white, fine sand. It feels like you’re in the wild. I didn’t see people for about an hour. I like that it’s lightly trafficked on a weekday evening.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

I took my dog with me. She kept me going up the steep side to the ridge line. It was worth every step!

Monday, February 12, 2018

This trail is one of my favorites. The trail easily expands by using adjacent trails. I stick to the length on the map to have a great after work hike. The profile and length offer a great workout. The trail offers variety in vistas, plants and wild life. A road runner slightly trailed me for a half mile last month allowing a number of pictures and a hike highlight.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Really nice easy going hike! I only ran into 4 other people! I think it would be a beautiful hike at sunrise or sunset!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

this was a great trail to start the hiking season.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

I took the Circumference Trail from the East side and up the Ridgeline to the top. I then returned back the other way to the trailhead. Some call it "Crab Claw Loop." I call it fun! About 5.0 miles altogether.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

love it

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Beautiful scenery. Easy to Moderate trail.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Good exercise with my Great Dane!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Great hike that gets the job done. Not heavily trafficked and is a good quiet hike. Does have some nicer views of Phoenix.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Great hike, lots of moderation

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Really rocky. Meh for mountain biking. Probably better for hiking.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Nice park with easy parking and nice trails. Easy and convenient for anyone living in the West Valley Phoenix area.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Great hike! I planned on the listed "3.8 mile", not sure how far off my gps can be but mine registered 5.2 miles. Went clockwise, up to summit and used "shortcut" to get back. Great views and not real busy.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Bring water! Do yourself a favor and climb up the Ridgeline trail. Pretty good workout for a "hill."