Cibecue Falls via Cibecue Creek Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(194)
Cibecue, Arizona

Cibecue Falls via Cibecue Creek Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cibecue, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 623 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

fee

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. The access permit required to hike up to Cibecue Falls is $30 per persons/per day. You are required to have the new Cibecue Falls Access Permit. You can purchase at the self paying station at the parking area (pink canopy) or at the Carrizo C-Store (Sinclare gas station).

Closed and said it was open on the Internet

Closed due to COVID

Forest closed

closed

Trail was closed because of covid

By far my most favorite hike I’ve done. You do have to cross the creek 10+ times so make sure you wear long waterproof pants and good hiking boots. We were the only ones on the trail in January and it was amazing! Had the whole waterfall to ourselves. Prepare to cross the creek in your vehicle right before you reach the trail hear!

Ranger informed us that park is closed until end of April.

Get a permit online before or from the gas station in Cibecue. There is no service once you get on the dirt road. Great hike otherwise!

This was more difficult than I thought. The trail is easy to lose and the river crossings were much higher than I thought! I am 5’4 and there were times the water was up to my hips! I took my dog not realizing the water was that high and he did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped, but we still made do. Some of the rapids were moving at a pretty good speed and since he isn’t that big I had to carry him haha. The waterfall is gorgeous and so is the canyon. Water shoes recommended! We started early and the trail was shaded until the end.

This was beautiful and completely worth hopping in the creek most of the way slipping on rocks and scaling boulders. You will definitely need water shoes that go up to your knees or you will be pretty cold. We did have to buy the permits ahead of time but nobody checked them. We were the only ones on the trail today and it took us about three hours but we took our time. The trail was hard to find at times so we made our own it is pretty easy just to fall the water to the end of the falls. They were absolutely breathtaking. If you go now just dress warm. You definitely need a truck for the dirt road down there that takes about 20 minutes to drive.

fee

First thing I’ll say: the scenery is beautiful and the waterfall is so worth it! That said, be prepared to get your feet wet. You definitely have to cross the creek several times, and sometimes you’ll be in knee-deep water. The trail is not very defined, so you often have to figure out your own way, but if you just follow the creek you’ll get to the fall. There are several places you have to climb over some big rocks. Plan for 3-4 hours. It’s not a long trail but takes time just to figure out where to go and then get through brush and over rocks. As long as you’re prepared for that, this hike is a really good one.

This is a awesome gem for summer cool off. note :permit is required.

fee

Beautiful hike. No where to purchase permit there. I got mine online. Took AWD Chevy equinox down to river - did not try to cross but made it out and back without any trouble. I had only hiking boots which means I had wet feet by the time I reached the falls. 11/9/2019

Had to cross the creek about 15 times- would definitely recommend neoprene socks this time of year- the water is chilly. We brought an AWD vehicle and made it down and back (albeit rough) but couldn’t cross the creek to make it to the parking lot so had to park on the side of the road about a quarter mile from the trailhead. Beautiful hike all in all!

Hike was great! Waterfall was fantastic!!!! Water shoes and hiking poles will help with crossing the stream 5-6 times. A negative is the exorbitant permit fee, it was disappointing to find the access road was not at all maintained.

Water was crystal clear and absolutely gorgeous! The hike was moderate as stated and I would highly recommend a hiking sandal or some type of hiking shoe that is waterproof, as you will cross the water several times. Because the road leading to the trail is very rocky, I wouldn’t recommend taking a sedan or car that isn’t off-road capable. Don’t forget to purchase your permit online before going. Permit is good for 24 hours.

I hiked this trail 2 years ago and yesterday I came back for a hike but I had to return because of the very very bad road condition. On the way driving (2 miles) from the main road to the trail head lots of huge gain rocks collapse after the storm blocking the road. So dissatisfied but i think it’s not worth for the risk that’s why I and my friend give away 60$. I don’t recommend to go hike Cebecue falls until people fix it. Instead we took a hike of Apache falls trail from the rest area which is nice view and only 1 mile round trip. Check me out Instagram for pictures hikinghobby1991_chowchow.

9-8-19. Amazing Adventure from the intimidating rocky dirt road to the spectacular waterfall!!! Easy to moderate hike, in and out of the river beds to hop on trail...water crossings were below knee and not too slippery, a hiking pole helps! Water was brownish in color today but not too bad...you could still see where you were stepping. The Waterfall was magnificent! Started hike around 6:30 am, took about 3 hours total with a good pace, Picture taking and a snack break at the falls. No washrooms on site, $30 permit fee required (I recommend purchasing on line) Other means to purchase permits on site we’re not available. Enjoy!!!

Great Hike!