Chiva Falls Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and ohv/off road driving and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 961 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Shared by hikers and off road drivers. Users have reported that some trailhead signes are illegible, but you can use your app GPS to stay on the right trail !

Wow! mtn biking this was a killer workout, but I think I made better time than some of the jeeps. The waterfall is trickling rn and I'm pretty sure it'll be mostly dried up by next weekend. Absolutely beautiful and worth the excursion! If you plan to bike in, just know that this is a 4x4 trail, so expect to hike your bike up some of the real gnarly hills. It's comparable to Bugs Springs except since the trail is so wide there are a thousand different and exciting lines to take. If you're not a confident mtn biker, I would suggest hiking. ALSO, I got to the trailhead with my nissan sentra, so don't worry about having to hike to the trailhead, you can drive all the way up there and passed it if you wanted to. The trailhead sign has been shot up, so no one can read it(thanks). If you use this app, you wont get lost.

ohv/off road driving

very long road, not too hard, should be conisdered a medium difficulty. did not love the fact the road is shared with motor vehicles along with hikers. but the waterfall view is worth it.

Great Fall, as a hiker beware this is an off-road trail with many jeeps and dirt bikes passing you along the way. I also heard off in the distance some gunfire as it’s open range I felt worried about the gunfire.

This hike was amazing. Not that difficult though just kinda long!

Fairly moderate, slipped a couple times on the rocks but the flat areas were good. The falls are amazing! Some climbing to get to them but easy.

It’s not so much a trail as a long dirt road. Took just under 2 hours to walk to the falls with my dog. While the walk is boring the falls are STUNNING. We had the place to ourselves. It was gorgeous.

Great time!! I drove my RAV4 to the trailhead and had no problems. I hiked by myself and the first couple miles were a little boring but as you get closer to the falls the scenery gets more and more beautiful. Once to the base of the falls i was blown away this little pocket of beauty even existed!!! I hung out on the beach with a meal bar and my water. I drank about 2L of water, so make sure you bring lots of it. The gravel and rocks are extremely loose, I actually slipped and bloodied up my knee pretty good but it was still a great hike. A couple Jeeps and OHV came through but we could all share the trail no would definitely do this hike again with friends and take some sandwiches to the falls and hang out for a bit.

Great hike with a beautiful destination. Plenty of trailhead parking. Mostly exposed, rocky, uneven desert with a cool, shady canyon at the end. Several low-volume creeks. Some easy climbing required to reach the actual Falls. Many ATVs and bikes.

Lovely dog friendly hike/walk. Would classify more as moderate than difficult. Some water and puddles along the route due to recent rains. The waterfall was on full blast! Totally worth it. Lots of motorbikes, side by sides, and Jeep's along the way, but everyone was courteous and kept their "social distancing".

flooded

this trail hurt my toes very disappointed on how much trash I saw beautiful waterfalls