Charles M. Christiansen Trail and Voaz Trail Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(58)
Phoenix, Arizona

Charles M. Christiansen Trail and Voaz Trail Loop is a 8.2 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 8.2 km Elevation Gain: 309 m Route Type: Loop

Pretty trail that goes in a figure 8 pattern. Challenging at points, easy at others.

Hard to stay on track without recording

Little rocky, but really beautiful. Lots of side trails so I used the app to stay on the right one.

Great trail, just very long. Easy to get off trail, as there are many other trials that intertwine with this one specifically. If it wasn’t for All Trails, I definitely would have got lost. Use the map on All Trails app as your guide... follow the blue dot closely and you’ll find your way.

Fantastic hike this morning!! On the trail at 6:45AM and went left at the beginning, which was a good choice because we had almost complete shade until the top (about 2.5 miles in). Then the hike is mostly all downhill from there, even though the app says there’s a incline at 4 miles (we didn’t find that to be true). Beautiful cactus and rock formations throughout. Also, lots of opportunities mid-hike to make it longer or shorter. 10/10 would recommend.

Sun Jan 13 2019

I loved this hike because it allowed me to get to a couple of peaks without triggering my fear of heights until I got on to the voaz loop. There I had to fight through some panic.