Cathedral Rock Trail

Cathedral Rock Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and rock climbing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Directions from Tucson: This trail is accessible only via other trails; from the Esperero Trail #25, 6.5 miles in, and from the West Fork Trail #24, 7.5 miles from the end of the Sabino Canyon shuttle road.

1 hour ago

Awesome trail and breathtaking views. Highly recommended.

It's a must do if visiting Sedona!! Couple rough spots but other than that not bad.

I only do trails that are dog friendly and there comes a point on the trail where it is not safe for a dog. I had to turn back. Unless your dog can climb like a mountain lion I wouldn't take a dog. Great trail other wise.

A little harder than we thought, but totally worth it!

Great hike up to some spectacular views! My friends and I started this hike at noon thinking it would be a quick out and back since it was only a mile, but it took us close to an hour and a half to get up, enjoy the views, and then get down. Despite the midday heat, I still really enjoyed this hike. The last stretch to the top I would say is more hard than moderate because it does involve some scrambling.

It was well worth the climb.

Quick, pretty easy scramble up to a gorgeous view. We went at sunset which was great bc it wasn't too hot and there weren't too many people.

Good mix of short scrambles and inclines. Great views.