Cathedral Rock Loop: Hiline and Templeton Trails

Cathedral Rock Loop: Hiline and Templeton Trails is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was difficult to navigate, but well worth the effort. Great experience all around, highly recommend.

great hike that provides a fantastic view of the sedona area on all sides. very quiet aside from the templeton to baldwin section and of course the cathedral rock area was very busy. not much shade so bring sun protection.

Beautiful hike! It was confusing with the signage, using the map provided on this app was necessary to stay on the right trail, very thankful for the map!

my favorite trail in Sedona!

This app helped us stay on the correct trails. There are quite a few that intersect and can get a little confusing. We stopped and played in the creek for a while ... it was nice to cool off. I will definitely do this hike again.

Beautiful views
Well maintained
Clearly marked
Great variety of elevation and vegetation.
Make plans to swim in Oak Creek

Amazing hike - incredible views along the way, all different kinds of vegetation, good workout but not insane. Highly recommend!

P.S. we did see a few folks who had gotten lost / lost one of their party members. Stay together as some of the trail forks can be confusing.

Perfection! Best hike EVER. Tranquil, not easy and not too difficult. Stunning scenery and beautiful views. So worth it!!!

Great hike! Added the part up to Cathedral Rock. Agree with others that it is moderate. Started just after 9am and didn’t see many others until connected with Baldwin.

This is an amazing trail! You get to see so much of Sedona and can add the hike up to Cathedral Rock. The views blew me and my partner away! Download the map because you can easily get lost.

This was a nice trail to end our stay in Sedona. There is a nice part next to the river and cottonwood trees. I would suggest going up cathedral rock too!
I think "moderate" would be a better description. We did it in 4 hours including the extra up cathdral rock.
The trail is well marked and very steep. One thing to know is that they do mountain biking here.

Great trail and views..I hike all over and consider it moderate not hard. trails branching off for the loop need to be better marked as most just said TRAIL or had n arrow. I'd do it again however.