Cathedral Rock Loop: Hiline and Templeton Trails

Cathedral Rock Loop: Hiline and Templeton Trails is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing hike - incredible views along the way, all different kinds of vegetation, good workout but not insane. Highly recommend!

P.S. we did see a few folks who had gotten lost / lost one of their party members. Stay together as some of the trail forks can be confusing.

Perfection! Best hike EVER. Tranquil, not easy and not too difficult. Stunning scenery and beautiful views. So worth it!!!

Great hike! Added the part up to Cathedral Rock. Agree with others that it is moderate. Started just after 9am and didn’t see many others until connected with Baldwin.

This is an amazing trail! You get to see so much of Sedona and can add the hike up to Cathedral Rock. The views blew me and my partner away! Download the map because you can easily get lost.

This was a nice trail to end our stay in Sedona. There is a nice part next to the river and cottonwood trees. I would suggest going up cathedral rock too!
I think "moderate" would be a better description. We did it in 4 hours including the extra up cathdral rock.
The trail is well marked and very steep. One thing to know is that they do mountain biking here.

Great trail and views..I hike all over and consider it moderate not hard. trails branching off for the loop need to be better marked as most just said TRAIL or had n arrow. I'd do it again however.

Friday, January 01, 2016