Casa Grande Mountain Radio Tower Trail

Casa Grande Mountain Radio Tower Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arizona City, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

i love this trail for a quick workout. i do it every other day. would not recommend it in the summer months. very hot and no shade.

Very steep heading up and I agree with the "moderate" ranking because of this. I had 2 large dogs along with me and because of the narrow, uneven, and rocky surface we weren't able to go much further past the radio tower. But all in all, great hike!

Would give it a 5 if there was actual scrambling involved but you have an option of going up the paved road or taking the steep bolt trail (to the right right before the paved road). The flag is 3 summits to the right once you're at the top (about another 10-15 min).

The trail offers great views no matter what route you take. For the more adventurous take the Bolt trail up and down.I took the paved route up and came down the Bolt Trail. I loved walking the ridge from the towers to the flag where you get a view on both sides.

Loved the hike. Did the hike as a sunrise hike. If there wasn't lingering after effects of an overnight storm in the east it would've been more spectacular, but it was beautiful nonetheless. The paved part was pretty steep, but it overall easy.

Rocky at first then paved to the top. Slow to go up because it is steep, but quick to come down. Doable in an hour without extraordinary effort

Very similar to Tumamoc in Tucson. Great quick hike, mostly paved. Steep but doable In and out to towers in apx 1 hour.

A bit steeper than expected at the beginning but well worth the trip to the top.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

It was more difficult than expected but loved the feeling of getting to the top! Plus the view from up top was great

Friday, March 30, 2018

I tackled this trail for my first hike of the year. I was surprised how steep it was on the paved road! Had to stop of a few occasions to catch my breath but, the views were beautiful.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

nice trail for a hike, we had a gorgeous spring day.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Nice short steep hike to the towers. Hiking all the way to the flag past the towers gave the best 360 degree view from CG mountain.

Sunday, March 04, 2018

Tried the Bolt Trail for the first time today. It is so much fun and way better than the paved trail up to the radio towers! It's still somewhat challenging (albeit not as steep and difficult as the paved trail) but more of a natural route so it provides for a great time. Like others say, finding it is pretty simple. When you get to the 2nd wash, start looking to the right and you'll see a brown crucifix about 15-20ft from the wash. Follow that and you'll see the trail. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 01, 2018

Great workout. Will be returning often!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Nice rocky road trail to paved road. Steep but nice.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

A bit tougher than I thought - steep incline. Lightly traveled. Good hike tho.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Perfect for a quick hike with steep elevation gain. My dog loves it. Seemed to be a popular exercise spot for locals-who are super friendly, btw. We continued past the towers to the peak. Nice panoramic views. Would love to see it at sunrise/sunset.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

I try to do this a couple of times per month with my dog, and really enjoy it. It’s not a technical trail, but the ascent is moderately difficult due to its steep grade. I find the paved / Jeep trail portion far more taxing than the rocky section at the bottom. I like that there’s steady hiking and trail running traffic, which makes it suitable for hiking alone as opposed to in a group. Make sure to bring enough water for you and your dog!

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Kristen and I chose this trail for our 2 of 52 hikes. We did it with our kiddos. We both have two girls aged 12 & 8. They did a great job. The paved beginning is not what I prefer on a hike but the rest of the trail was beautiful.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Challenging ascent; view makes it well worth it.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

It was a beautiful hike, found it by surprise and if you hike to the flag, the views take your breathe away. You can see Picacho Peak from a distance. I say it’s an easy hike.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Nice trail!!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

awesome view, beware of Rattlers- one of my friends almost got bitten. Take lots of pics, fairly step climb over rocks.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Locals use the first half as a "workout" hill but the real hike starts at the top! STEEP concrete road leads to the top and the towers. Then you will enjoy the last half of the hike to the flagpole hiking the ridge with views for miles! You can continue past the flagpole for about another mile if you desire and turn around.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Nice short trail, good to hang out with friends or to relax, enjoy the view. It will be really hot in the summer though

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Fun and somewhat challenging when doing the paved incline. The best part is from the radio tower to the flagpole which only takes an additional 10-15 minutes.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Good trail. Good valley view. Good for visitors. Would definitely take other visitors here.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Great exercise trail. Much prettier if you go beyond towers and over to the flag. you can even stay on the ridge all the way to the South end and come back for about an 8 mile hike

Monday, February 13, 2017

Hit the bolt trail next to the tower trail to the flag.