Casa Grande Mountain Radio Tower Trail

Casa Grande Mountain Radio Tower Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arizona City, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice short steep hike to the towers. Hiking all the way to the flag past the towers gave the best 360 degree view from CG mountain.

Tried the Bolt Trail for the first time today. It is so much fun and way better than the paved trail up to the radio towers! It's still somewhat challenging (albeit not as steep and difficult as the paved trail) but more of a natural route so it provides for a great time. Like others say, finding it is pretty simple. When you get to the 2nd wash, start looking to the right and you'll see a brown crucifix about 15-20ft from the wash. Follow that and you'll see the trail. Enjoy!

Great workout. Will be returning often!

Nice rocky road trail to paved road. Steep but nice.

A bit tougher than I thought - steep incline. Lightly traveled. Good hike tho.

Perfect for a quick hike with steep elevation gain. My dog loves it. Seemed to be a popular exercise spot for locals-who are super friendly, btw.
We continued past the towers to the peak. Nice panoramic views. Would love to see it at sunrise/sunset.

I try to do this a couple of times per month with my dog, and really enjoy it. It’s not a technical trail, but the ascent is moderately difficult due to its steep grade. I find the paved / Jeep trail portion far more taxing than the rocky section at the bottom. I like that there’s steady hiking and trail running traffic, which makes it suitable for hiking alone as opposed to in a group. Make sure to bring enough water for you and your dog!

Kristen and I chose this trail for our 2 of 52 hikes. We did it with our kiddos. We both have two girls aged 12 & 8. They did a great job. The paved beginning is not what I prefer on a hike but the rest of the trail was beautiful.

Challenging ascent; view makes it well worth it.

It was a beautiful hike, found it by surprise and if you hike to the flag, the views take your breathe away. You can see Picacho Peak from a distance. I say it’s an easy hike.

Nice trail!!

awesome view, beware of Rattlers- one of my friends almost got bitten. Take lots of pics, fairly step climb over rocks.

Locals use the first half as a "workout"
hill but the real hike starts at the top! STEEP concrete road leads to the top and the towers. Then you will enjoy the last half of the hike to the flagpole hiking the ridge with views for miles! You can continue past the flagpole for about another mile if you desire and turn around.

Nice short trail, good to hang out with friends or to relax, enjoy the view. It will be really hot in the summer though

Fun and somewhat challenging when doing the paved incline. The best part is from the radio tower to the flagpole which only takes an additional 10-15 minutes.

Good trail. Good valley view. Good for visitors. Would definitely take other visitors here.

Great exercise trail. Much prettier if you go beyond towers and over to the flag. you can even stay on the ridge all the way to the South end and come back for about an 8 mile hike

Monday, February 13, 2017

Hit the bolt trail next to the tower trail to the flag.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Great hike, not easy by any means, steady and steep incline (10%+) all the way up. First 1/4 mile is very uneven dirt and rock straight path. Then once you reach the locked gate is paved and curved all the way up the antennas which makes it more difficult. Heavy hiker traffic of all ages at all times of the day. For a 40+ yr old 400lb person this was very difficult, had to turn around 1.3 miles into it.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Wow! Quite the hike! nice views. I would say the up part of the hike is strenuous, down is moderate.

Monday, November 07, 2016

steep tough climb, will breath heavy most of the way up, only relief is to stop or is on the way down, paved most of the way

Friday, May 06, 2016

Trail itself is a decent fitness run, but I always take the bolt trail up (it comes off the left side of the road after the first wash). Follow the spine of the mountain all the way to the flag. Definitely not easy, but not the most difficult either. It's local for me, so I try to do this one at least once a week.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I do this hike a lot. it's too easy for me now

Monday, April 25, 2016

A decent hike. You go up a jeep trail to a radio tower, where everyone else we saw turned back. It would have been boring if we had not chosen, once we got to the tower, to hike along the ridge, passing through a veritable forest of teddy bear cholla, to the true peak, which we espied from a distance with a flag on top of it flying in the wind from a flagpole. There we found the most tattered American flag we had ever seen and a cache (possibly a geocache) of tins containing guest books signed in Spanish and English. Glad we decided to go all the way to the peak. (Someone should replace that flag.)

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fun Trail, great views. Nice elevation change towards the top.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

It was a great hike. Quick way to get your heart rate up as its a climb to the top. We've done it a few times since visiting

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Nice easy trail

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

This is a relatively easy hike, though the climb to the radio towers is very steep. It's also paved for a little over half of the ascent. If you go past the complex of radio and cell towers at the top of the paved section you can hit the ridge trail and it's a little less than half a mile south along the ridges to the highest point. Short and sweet, but you get pretty good views of Casa Grande, surrounding area, and mountains all around.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

It was a good hike. It was a pretty good climb on a good trail.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

We here in Casa Grande are so lucky to have this mountain right in our backyard. Great fun for all ages, whether you're interested in hiking or fitness or both.