Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Campbell Mesa Loop is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

Pretty easy trail. Little shaded areas here and there from trees, but not a lot on the trail. Pretty busy trail system, lots of cars and parking lot was pretty full. Very easy and flat with only moderate inclines.

This was a great trail. It seems to be a popular mountain biking trail. There were a lot of mountain bikers the day we went.

Great loop, very flat. Perfect for families. There are a couple of loop options as well.

Came up from Phoenix to get out of the heat. It was a perfect escape. I just wanted to smell pine trees and I was surrounded! There was a fork about halfway through that was confusing. Go right.

Little Rock in some areas! Over all it’s not a bad trail

recorded Campbell Mesa Loop

About a 2 hour 15 minutewalk. I like how there's so many trails that connect, so you can take different paths if you'd like.

If you're looking for an absolutely gorgeous hike with little effort, do this trail system. I loved it!

I have walked this trail twice in three days, once without Alltrails and once with it. The first time I took a secondary trail in error and walked over six miles. Second time with tracker was much better! I don't believe I would take this trail on a weekend. Based on the rutting of the single track trail, I think the path would be busy with mountain bikes.

icy

Great time for a morning walk :) lots of bicycles more than hikers :) 5.8 miles in 2:20 hrs

Awesome little stroll :)

Great trail for exercise hike, not too rocky; moderate sun/shade.

Very nice warm-up hike. About 6 miles through light pine forest. Very easy and enjoyable

Nice easy hike with some shade

Went there over the weekend to escape the heat and this was a great trail. Nothing hard but long and enjoyable. Scenario was nice and marked very well.

Wed Apr 03 2019

This is a nice trail with lots of shade. I took my dog and she loved it. Signs do say dogs need to be leashes. Hiked on a Tuesday and only saw two other people.

Mon Feb 25 2019

Fri Nov 09 2018

Brisk morning hike on this easy trail. Puppy dog enjoyed it too.

Tue Sep 18 2018

Very nice trail. My wife and I Mountain Biked this trail in perfect weather. Did the loop clockwise with no problems.

Sat Aug 18 2018

First time mountain biking and it was perfect for me. View was awesome! Would do it again

Mon Aug 06 2018

Great mtn bike singletrack.. easy and flows well

Sat Jun 30 2018

Nice loop, we did it in just about 2 hours. A little bit of a climb but not much. This trail is better for biking than hiking. At some points the trail is only wide enough for one person, and we had to get off the trail about 10 times for bikers.

Sun Jun 24 2018

nice long walk...good for all ages

Wed Jan 17 2018

Wonderful light hike. The trail is mostly level, with only a few short slight inclines.. Some sections are a little narrow - and others a little rocky. However, most sections are smooth & broad enough for two to walk side by side. My wife and I walked the full Campbell Loop in a little more than 2 hours. We met 4 or 5 other hikers and 4 or 5 bikers in that time. There is minimal road noise from the I 40 which is just north of the most outbound sections of the trail. A few squirrels, plenty of birds and other tracks everywhere... Enjoy!

Thu Dec 28 2017

Ideal for mountain biking. Trails are narrow in certain spots. Excellent shade coverage.

Tue Nov 21 2017

Hiked the trial today with my wife and 2 dogs, very nice day to be outdoors. The trail was relaxing, nice trail.