Camp Beale Loop

moderate 93 reviews

Camp Beale Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kingman, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 580 feet Route Type: Loop

1 hour ago

Lots of fun! Moderate for sure.

Beautiful trail and views. Started this loop literally as soon as it stopped raining. The ground was a bit mushy, but I never felt any water enter in my shoes. This trail was relatively rocky compared to Monolith Garden across the highway, though. It was about as much as I’d be willing to tolerate in my Vapor Gloves.

First time hiking it and I loved it! Will probably change my mind later but it was fun! Lots of cows and their babies too!!

Pretty easy short hike. Saw a lot of cattle but they didn’t bother us. Would definitely do this hike again for a quick workout!

This is a good moderate trail with some small elevation gain. You do need to be careful as there are lots of cacti and cacti seeds so if you bring a pup be ready with tweezers to pull those suckers out of paws! My two dogs love this trail!

62° on Friday, January 3rd. A little windy, but perfect weather. A short loop, but definitely an awesome workout! ( Moderate elevation gain in either direction. I went clockwise from the parking lot.) Trail is super easy to follow and has a mix of volcanic rock, scree and packed dirt. Perfect for a cardio workout. Although short in milage, don't forget to carry water. Recommend layering, depending on current and forecasted weather conditions. Additionally, head cover should be worn, as there is no shade to provide protection from the sun. Footwear is extremely important, as the trail is extremely rocky. So, above the ankle tied hiking boots would be my recommendation for solid ankle support.

Some up and down, cool scenery (we are from IL, so anything not corn is pretty cool), and good weather on Dec. 30.

This was my first longish hike since a pedicle screw lumbar fusion 5 months ago. I did this and monolith gardens trail, a total of 8.1 miles. I smoke a pack a day for 30 years, pot all day, and I'm 44. It was awesome!! Working my way up to Grand Canyon, and after this hike I now have no doubt I'll do fine.

Beautiful. The map towards the middle of the loop slid down the panel and needs adjusting but they've cleared up most of the cacti on the path. We only had to move two cholla out of way.

Nice trail, moderate is fairly accurate, some elevation changes and loose rock make it slightly more challenging. Beautiful views at many points. It isn't overly dog friendly though, lots of cacti and cacti pieces on the trail. We ended up stopping half a dozen times to remove cacti spines from my pups paw, she was not happy. Overall good hike we'll do again but without the pooch.

my favorite trail in the area. it's pretty and very easy.

Nice and easy dog friendly trail. some nice rock formations. Slow pace took about 1 hour 35 minutes to go 3.3 miles.

very very rocky, but well worth the pain. I'll be back.

good little hike but narrow path makes it quite dangerous for rattlesnake. yes we were inches from a Western Rattlesnake..sunning itself around base of cactus..uphill, but turning back to face us. They match environment, so easily camoflagued.

Enjoyed this trail! Came across a bull in a creek bed but no problems. Beautiful overview throughout, just a bit rocky on the trail so make sure you have strong ankles!

Good little hike. Was able to do it with a 40 lb pack. Take note this trail is very rocky! Hope you have strong ankles!

Love this trail. It’s near town, a good workout. Getting ready for some beautiful blooms in a few weeks. The messa view are beautiful. Dogs do need to stay on trail due to cactus.

Mon Feb 04 2019

Beautiful views right outside of town! It is a little rocky but that’s part of the terrain. Our five year old did great!

Sun Jan 13 2019

The hike was enjoyable. There is quite a bit of loose rock in places so proper footwear and a walking stick are definitely good ideas. I saw lots of rabbits and I am sure one will see more wildlife during the mornings and early evening hours. I will definitely be back.

Sun Dec 23 2018

The trail is very washed out and rough. The left side is not as steep and is somewhat better but either one has a lot of loose stones due to the recent heavy rain

Sun Dec 09 2018

only do this trail if you're a sado-masochist!!! my husband and I went on this trail last weekend. My husband likes challenging trails however this trail was not even remotely fun it had multiple areas of little and big loose Rock making it hard to navigate through some parts of the trail actually 90% of the trail. WARNING: IF YOU WANT TO BE TORTURED THEN TAKE THIS TRAIL!!!

Mon Nov 26 2018

Hiked on Nov. 26, 2018. Dogs need to stay on the trail because of cactus. Rocky, not easy walking. Not great scenery. Trail easy to follow. Nice amount of up and down. OK trail, would not repeat.

Wed Nov 21 2018