Camp Beale Loop

Camp Beale Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kingman, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Decent quick loop. Close to the highway but does at the apex of the hike get you away from it for a bit to a high and windy vantage point. I prefer to hike a lot further away from civilization but this was a backup when the road to the planned hike was impassable. Free range area so you're likely to come across some stock.

Out of shape hiker coming through. I hiked this trail counter clockwise and I'm glad I did. All the beautiful scenery is out in front nearly all the way down. I will hike this again.

This trail is a hidden gem. For a great excursion around Kingman I highly recommend it. A little bit of wildlife and a beautiful view of the desert at sunset. Trail is well marked and easy to follow. Go counter clockwise to get most of the ascending elevation first.

I love, love love this hike. It has fantastic views. Start to the right and hike up quickly with a long winding downward path after.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Nice scenery but the trail is really rocky. Good hike !

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Awesome

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Great trail!! Super well designed

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Great hike, my wife and I went last week and loved it. The inclines weren't to bad, and it got quite a bit cooler at the top. Good hike you can see the windmills in a couple spots and a small view of downtown Kingman. Not too bad at all.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Nice trail , good views, I only did a short out & back to give is a break from driving I40. Lots of loose little "marble" rocks. Might be interesting to bike

Thursday, January 09, 2014

This is trail is not much of a challenge but it does have great views from a variety of different angles. The traffic is low and the trip makes for a nice outing. Views are of desert mountains, mesa's and valleys. Taking it easy and making a few detours we managed to finish the hike in an hour and forty-five minutes. BTW it was windy which is probably the norm.

Friday, February 08, 2013

Fun trail ride with some great views that you otherwise, wouldn't get to see of the local area unless you get out. This was my first trail ride on a bike I put together myself...good workout!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Arizona hike for me and my buddies. Great views for someone from California. Did this hike as a warmup for Havasu Falls we are doing tomorrow. Drive along Highway 93, turn quick right on Fort Beale Dr., easy to miss. Drive until you see a small sign that says Camp Beale Loop, very small. Park in parking lot. You can go either way, clockwise or counter clockwise. Good workout.

Saturday, June 02, 2012

This trail meet up w 3 others. Monolith gardens, badger and castle rock making around 20-30 miles of trail. Very fun riding.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fun and easy trail. I took my eight year old and we had a great time bonding! Didn't see any springs though.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

this trail is easy..has a spring there where we had a panic and let the kids play and of course are goats were there..alot of old plaque of where the army post was..cool place