Calderwood Butte Trail

Calderwood Butte Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vistancia, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hidden little trail with great views in the middle of residential housing. A dedicated parking lot greats visitors from the East with about 16 parking spaces which is fine since this trail has very few hikers at any given time. The views of the NorthWest valley make this trail shine. It's a moderate loop which can be traveled in a little more than a half hour. The trail is well defined.

Beautiful trail but I only measured 1.3 miles. Not exactly what I was planing on but still very pretty. Creosote bush and barrel cactus blooming.

I have hiked this mountain a lot and while it isn't hard I love it because I usually have the mountain all to myself. I enjoy watching the sunrise and imagine the sunsets would be great too. It can be more difficult if you jog it. Yes there is construction noise which is to be expected pretty much anywhere in the valley right now. You can't have everything. I think this trail is a hidden gem and I really hope it stays that way

The needs to be rated easy. It's a quick hike to the top with the only minor incline challenge in the last 50-100 feet. Nice views of Four Peaks, Sierra Estrellas, and White Tanks. And plenty new home construction, traffic noise, and car alarms to add to your hike.