Calderwood Butte Trail

Calderwood Butte Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Peoria, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hidden little trail with great views in the middle of residential housing. A dedicated parking lot greats visitors from the East with about 16 parking spaces which is fine since this trail has very few hikers at any given time. The views of the NorthWest valley make this trail shine. It's a moderate loop which can be traveled in a little more than a half hour. The trail is well defined.

first of all several of us ever agreed we think the trail is about 1.5 miles. Nice view. My spouse's maiden name was Calderwood so it has a little special meaning for us.

One of my favorite quick hiking trails in Peoria. It is hidden off the main road and oftentimes I have the whole mountain to myself. It is very short and the entire loop can be done in about 40 minutes if you don’t stop long at the top. Just enough elevation gain to get your heart pumping a bit. For runners, you need to use the offshoot trail about halfway up that branches to the right. That trail is flat the whole way and easy, the summit is rockier.

I went out to explore some more trails on my runs, and I don't think I'll return to this one as a runner. The elevation is good but the switchback are very short and frequent, impossible to get a good rhythm going. Trail conditions are fine, nothing worse or better than you'd expect in on an Arizona trail. I'd also tag this trail at about 1.5 miles, not just over 2 like it suggests.

This is an easily accessible trail with a decent incline to rate it as moderate. Beautiful views and not crowded at all for a holiday. For me, however, it's a one and done trail. This would be a great trail for families with children 8(ish) and older.

Great views. Nice loop.

Beautiful trail but I only measured 1.3 miles. Not exactly what I was planing on but still very pretty. Creosote bush and barrel cactus blooming.

I have hiked this mountain a lot and while it isn't hard I love it because I usually have the mountain all to myself. I enjoy watching the sunrise and imagine the sunsets would be great too. It can be more difficult if you jog it. Yes there is construction noise which is to be expected pretty much anywhere in the valley right now. You can't have everything. I think this trail is a hidden gem and I really hope it stays that way

The needs to be rated easy. It's a quick hike to the top with the only minor incline challenge in the last 50-100 feet. Nice views of Four Peaks, Sierra Estrellas, and White Tanks. And plenty new home construction, traffic noise, and car alarms to add to your hike.